Years ago

Best Premier League/ABL imports since 2010

My top 5
1. Rashad Tucker
2. Alex Starling
3. Dee Oldham
4. Eian Davis
5. Kyle Miller

Are there any of the new imports that could be in this category? James Legan maybe?

Who would be your top 5?

Topic #42993 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Based on Woolacott can add Kirksey, Riley Luettgerodt and Dusty Rychart

Reply #681183 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Made me go look up Austin Smylie. Wow, that was 2006 - 12 years ago! And I already feel old.

Reply #681185 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

How is James Legan going there? Anyone seen him play yet? Great to see him still going after a nasty leg break and ankle dislocation last year in the QBL. Jack-It James!

Reply #681192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Legan played his first game on the weekend for the Bearcats, and it looks like he will have a good year. Dropped 5 of 9 from behind the arc for 26 points, 6 rebounds.

Reply #681204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tapscott out of Rocky (QBL) was a beast

Reply #681206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was Rychart before 2010? If not he'd be right up there.

Thought Kirksey was a level below Oldham and Davis and only won Woollacott because the best two players were on the same team that year (Creek and Starling).

Riley is a good one, probably gets in my top 5

Reply #681233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My bad, Rychart was 2007. And agree with kirksey comment but he did win one. Looking at list with Nunnelys, Fikes,Butch Hayes and especially Mark Davis, imagine them now in league. Remember my first game in state league and going up against Davis, thought I was big and strong, but I just bounced off him like a 10 year old. And Nunnely, watching old YouTube grand final still gives me chills with how good a scorer he was.
Good to see guys like Starling hang around and find Adelaide as a home. Often fans can't identify with our one and dones. Pity KB never laced them up here locally, guy can still shoot better than 90% of current players. Surprised that more Americans don't try and naturalise younger, would be best way to make a bench on nbl, they can see the lifestyle here is fantastic especially in current climate. Al Greens, Dwayne Nelson, Willie Jeanette, Ricky Simpson and all the rest have made this place their home and gained a life they probably wouldn't have back home.

Reply #681297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Dawson was a heck of an import for the Bearcats.

Reply #681306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dusty Rychart is still playing QBL for the Brisbane Capitals. In his fifth season since leaving the NBL.....does that count.

Reply #681390 | Report this post

pallas 26  
Years ago

Kyle Miller for Centrals will always be one of my all-time favourite!

Reply #681715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyle Miller was unstoppable off of dribble and a good shooter. Great all round game. Shame he didn't stay longer , not sure people realise how good this guy was.

Reply #681799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw Norwood's new import play reserves tonight, between him and Kennedy they'd need a road map to get inside the three point line, could be worse import combo since they allow3d two. Shot selection terrible.

Reply #682168 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754