Benno
Years ago

Rick Pitino offered NZ Breakers job

Marc Stein

@TheSteinLine
Following Following @TheSteinLine
More
The New Zealand Breakers, I'm told, have offered their vacant head coaching position to former Louisville coach Rick Pitino. The @NZBreakers play in Australia’s @NBL and their new American ownership has been pitching Pitino’s representative on the post this week.

T.J. Walker

@TWalkerRivals

I can confirm reports that the New Zealand Breakers have reached out to former UofL head coach Rick Pitino.

The NBL is on the verge of working out a major TV deal and a high profile recruit may end up playing for the Breakers.

Wild times.

Major TV deal sounds nice ;)

Topic #43008 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now we know where the party is going to be at.

Reply #681511 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

A major tv deal oooh. Channel 7 and Fox perhaps?

Reply #681521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That TV Deal might help pay for Pitino's extra curricular activities when recruiting players

Reply #681531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Story is he's after Milwaukee job

Reply #681533 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I doubt he'll take it. Kirk Penney's not walking through that door. Pero Cameron's not walking through that door.

Reply #681540 | Report this post

Joeys_Right  
Years ago

But will he bring any prostitutes with him?

Reply #681549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pitino himself has called this BS so it just sounds like another publicity stunt from Breakers new owners.
https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/353806/rick-pitino-dismisses-breakers-reports

The first stunt was clever, so I applaud that.
The Obama jersey, great exposure, well done.

This one reeks of desperation for attention. Hopefully it was just a once off

Reply #681557 | Report this post

ferdterguson  
Years ago

Excellent post Luuuc :-)

Reply #681559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much could they offer him, bound to get NBA interest. As mentioned before, bucks could be a good fit but college coaches haven't dated too well lately apart from Stevens. Hoiberg and Donovan way better in college.

Reply #681697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare not interested, nor is Cairns.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/henare-rules-out-taking-taipans-job/news-story/42934a4515a692a338bdaafe95909f1e

Reply #682051 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754