Yeahlets have the signings befoe the FA list even exists. Sheesh

Reply #681939 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Not a free agent...but watch this space on...Sobey

Reply #681953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing one off Melbourne non free agent is attracting attention.

Reply #681979 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me if sobes left by mutual agreement

Reply #681990 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me if Sobey and the club parted ways either. All season he played like a guy that regretted re-signing with us.

Reply #681997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey needs to work on many area's no matter where he plays next season, top priority would be attitude and ego !!

Reply #682013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey, playing on a team with a lot of double figure scorers still played very well the majority of the season. His defense was also a shining light. How did his numbers line up against McCarron who was on a team that didn't have a lot of stars?

Reply #682056 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Just checked the FA list and there doesn't appear to be many readily available replacements for the likes of Creek & Sobey....if those rumours are true?!

Reply #682064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey would be easy to replace.. Creek, a little harder. If he could make a layup maybe he would be able to take the next step.

Reply #682065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DKD to CRNS

Reply #682075 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Not many Aussies out there that does what Sobey does...I dont think he is easily replaceable.

Reply #682076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flop? Headbutt? What exactly are you talking about Tornado? He disappears in games which matter and is far too volatile. For every good thing he does he does something boneheaded to offset it, and it costs our team. If we had McCarron and not Sobey, we would be the ones celebrating right now. It is time to cut him loose.

Reply #682100 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

We really can't afford to let Sobey go if we lose both DJ & Creek though.

Reply #682102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee to Brisbane

Reply #682108 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon...McCarrons stats are no better than Sobeys. Not to mention he was more of a focus for his team. McCarron has also stated he will not be returning to the NBL so your point is mute anyway.

Reply #682110 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

^
Rebounds?

Reply #682112 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

How can we just cut Sobey loose?

He is needed and suits Joey's system well. Yes he is firey buts part of his make up, and in general its a positive attribute.

For the one saying Sobey is easy to replace. What Australian would you replace Sobey with?

Reply #682120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick Kay to Perth

Reply #682156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree. Sobey is a bad influence and needs to go.

Reply #682163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #682173 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sobey's still a very handy player on both ends who would be hard to replace. The Sixers need him to become a more reliable player next season if they're going to win a title though.

He didn't have a good shooting season and the team needs him to shoot the three ball at a high clip to open things up for Creek, DJ and Moore on the inside.

He is also too easy to fire up and that reputation has worked against him, both with the referees and opposing players.

Another issue is that he's a great athlete but he's so light that its hard for him to score reliably at the rim against a set defence. I think if he tightened his ball-handling up, he could become a more reliable scorer as a jump shooter off the dribble, rather than trying to force his way to the rim all the time.

Reply #682229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any rumours out there, cats looking at a few United players I'm hearing.

Reply #683110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Free agent Nick Marvin --> Western Force

Reply #683111 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754