Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut to the NBL next season?

With Bogie withdrawing from the NBA atm for the imminent birth of his 2nd child it seems there may be a window for him to play in the NBL.

2 articles.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/andrew-bogut-gives-rise-to-hope-he-could-play-in-the-nbl-as-soon-as-next-season/news-story/92e636a98acc37ddcc2384f0dbc6426c

Bogut slamming the Andrew's Gov't too.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/nba-star-andrew-bogut-says-victorias-infrastructure-has-been-run-into-the-ground/news-story/9a82655c7f8d7531bd6df3491745e3a7

Topic #43030 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would not only be awesome for the NBL but you would think with less games and workload, he would help us get a medal in 2019 or 2020 (or perhaps both)

Reply #682152 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Would be great for the league but I don't think he'd be great for any of the current teams.

In the article he says it's up to a club to make him an offer he cant refuse, which I read as him wanting big money. What would Melbourne, Sydney etc have to give up from their current team to bring him in?

I think the only way this could happen is with an expansion team like Essendon/Hawthorne as mentioned in the article.

Reply #682177 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

With no actual bigs signed, Sydney wouldn't have to give up anything other than a buttload of cash, which they're capable of... Drewie should work the only benefit he brings to the team as the Aussie GOAT...

Andersen will probably retire on his big pile of United cash he's already got, so nothing lost for United either...

I'd personally really love him to come back and play NBL, but people should really keep expectations realistic...

Reply #682179 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I actually think Bogut in the NBL next season is actually the most realistic outcome. He's going to be almost a year out of the NBA so I don't see him fielding too many deals from them I shouldn't think.

Reply #682185 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Makes sense to stay in Australia with his young family and focus on World Cup and Olympic aspirations.

Reply #682186 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Would be perfect for United as they have so many other scorers and unlimited salary cap.

Reply #682196 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Doesn't have to be a big salary. Could always get him on board with promise of stake in ownership and other ventures

Reply #682212 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'd both love and hate him at Perth, he's simply not going to draw more fans for Wildcats games as the stadium is near capacity already.

Would prefer he goes to Sydney or Brisbane where he can attract a few thousand more fans every game

Reply #682482 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doesn't have to be a big salary. Could always get him on board with promise of stake in ownership and other ventures
I don't think salary alone would flatter his ego. Saw a quote from him the other day that implied he was expecting pitches to him, which suggested more than just a straight job offer.

Most appropriate outcome is probably to have him headline and jumpstart a second Melbourne team.

Hopefully Sydney can regain prominence with a full season of Lisch and Randle. And who knows about Brisbane - maybe they can poach Goulding somehow.

Reply #682495 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754