Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Round 3

Mavs vs Southern Tigers
Mavs stepped up the competitiveness last week vs South & are on the verge of a win I'd say, particularly if Rios is in this week. Southern had a solid home win after a tough first half last round. Wise vs Southerns imports will be interesting, though Wise might be the best 5 man in the league early in the season.

Southern to sneak a win in Mt Barker but it'll be under 10 if Rios plays.

Sturt vs West
Sturt with a good win vs Forestville but their import would want to do better than 5/23 if he is to avoid "flop of the year" tag. Meanwhile West look like a well oiled machine & Legan might be the best shooter the league has seen. Too much firepower & chemistry on this West side. I can't see many teams getting near them.

West to keep rolling with a double figure win.

Centrals vs Norwood
Norwood took a tough L in round two against a good side but I believe will suit two imports this week, the bigger one could be the best 4 in the league I'd say. Centrals look to be improved this year & will challenge for finals, but could struggle against a veteran Norwood side.

Norwood by 11

North vs Forestville
The Rockets would be disappointed with last rounds second half but would feel confident their best is capable of mixing it with the best teams. Once their imports are in shape they have a track record & will be the best 1-2 punch in the league. Big questions over who will suit up for Forestville this week & how sore their heads might be. Import Jalen Richards might want to turn down a few more shots this week with better teammates around! Forestville would want to start getting some Ws on the board.

Forestville by 6 (pure guess depending on who suits)

Woodville vs South
Perry is making his claim for best new import in the league with strong early season performances. Osborne still finding his feet. Two teams with finals aspirations but neither team play anyone taller than 6'4". Battle of the guards will be important & Souths new import Ivory Young had a day out vs Mavs but Eian Davis appeared quiet. If both South imports fire at once they'll be tough to beat.

South by 2

Topic #43032 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome post, thanks. Enjoy reading these week by week.

Reply #682169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only time Eastern will be under 10pts is 3mins into the first quarter! Southern by 50!

Reply #682187 | Report this post

JohnJames  
Years ago

Wise best 5 man??

firstly his stats are against Centrals and South 2 teams that are not top 4 in the league
second against 2 middle pack teams he leads the league in Turnovers, 3rd in fouls, 1st in FGA
in his first game he took more shots than the rest of the starters combined
if your able to shoot the most and turn the ball over the most then you should be leading the league in just scoring

Ben Carter is higher on my list than WISE! higher fg%, more rebounds, less tos, less fouls

Reply #682189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wise is terrible, only putting up numbers because hes taking half the teams shots.

Reply #682190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood's McGriff best 4 man, what's that based on. Up there with your analysis of Wise as the best 5, better go to Specsavers

Reply #682206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, Garth was pretty close to a triple double. Jalen Richard would be much closer to flop of the year at this stage. 11/32 in one game and got ejected in the other.

Reply #682207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Based on McGriff in college averaging 22 and 10. Didn't see him last night but had 26 on debut in Reserves. Only question will be if the Webber’s pass to him enough.

Re Wise I haven’t seen him play but his raw numbers are good and the inefficiency could be due to the Mavs not having much around him until Rios arrives.

Who are better at the 4/5 spots?!

Reply #682211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McGriff didn't play at North Carolina, it was an NAIA school. Hardly impressive against a bad centrals reserves team last night, and he would only be about 6 5.
And have seen Wise play, slow and terrible on defence. Yes, they have no one else so just takes every shot, proof that if you throw enough shots up, some are bound to go in.
Maybe shouldn't make statements until you see players play, just a suggestion.

Reply #682222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy to generate discussion and debate.

Wise's numbers are as good as any bigs in the league. You didn't give me any retort as to who you think the best 4/5s in the league are?

Reply #682224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's coz I havnt seen them yet, numbers can be misleading

Reply #682233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought Starling was a 4/5?

Reply #682261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahh the beauty of this post..
you truly are an artist, not many people could keep a straight face while posting this.

Reply #682478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will find out more with Wise going head to head with Mays this week. I saw on the Southern FB page he had some nice highlights in his second game. But may have just been taking advantage of weaker opposition in a blowout win.

Interested to see how many and what kind of shots McGriff takes.

Reply #682479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That wise guy really took it to em.

Reply #682831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know why DJ didn't hit the court tonight for the Eagles

Reply #682838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did for 1sec to qualify.

Rios made a huge difference for the finals bound Mavs!

Reply #682847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ did hit the court - just not for long.

Reply #682849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny watching North fans heckle Teys when Jo Hill is such a protected species

Reply #682850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers sneak home with a 46 point win over Mavs. Will Wise solidifying his MVP candidacy.

Reply #682851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anyone know why DJ didn't hit the court tonight for the Eagles"

I think Lemanis was in charge of selecting the final team this weekend

Reply #682852 | Report this post

Laker824  
Years ago

Another shooting clinic put on by the Sturt import tonight, very efficient!

Reply #682862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wise 26p 2r 9/20 in 33 mins
Mays 20p 3r 7b!! On 8/11 in 25 mins

Pretty even? Wise maintains his avg around 25ppg I can't see why he wouldn’t be close to the MVP.

Reply #682863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And West were daring Garth to shoot!

Reply #682868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of efficient CJ Turnage at Southern had 31 on 14/16!

Reply #682878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

30/26/5 for starling

Reply #682887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Against 36ers captain !!! Forestville will struggle without DJ

Reply #682888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wise for MVP??? Now I know you aren't serious. 2 rebounds. 4 turnovers. 9 from 20. Not even close!!!

Reply #682890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And a 46pt loss!

Reply #682891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starling had less points on more shots & lost by 34 to Southern.

Reply #682892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He also has 2 championship and a Wollacott

Reply #682893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you have Mr Wise and Mr Starling come to you wanting to play and you have one spot available how many clubs would pick Wise over Starling?

Reply #682895 | Report this post

Cruiser  
Years ago

why cant you view the stats at sporting pulse anymore?
Anyone know where they are available?

Reply #682900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wise is terrible defensively, no hustle, just jogs up and down floor. Being involved in all these blowouts he would have been going against bench players and scoring in garbage time. 2 rebounds, that's nearly impossible with those minutes.
Taking Starling every single time.

Reply #682901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3656-0-0-0&sID=403666

Pick the game you want to follow.

Reply #682912 | Report this post

Cruiser  
Years ago

Thanks for that, that's where I normally go but for some reason for the entire season so far no stats or box scores, unless its only me that cant see them?

Reply #682936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wise would have dismantled tigers. He will absolutely destroy this league. But I heard from a reliable source. he's actually trash.

Starling is a genuine talent and has proved this over a few seasons.

But those 2 from tigers are absolutely useless.

They’ve only beaten Sturt who lets face it, have never been good. And north who aren’t even a good team. And only barely were able to beat Mavs.

I wouldn’t have thought the two imports from southern will last it seems everyone they play can contain them.

Reply #682937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you clicked on the score to open up the page for the game? Has box scores there.

Reply #682939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only thing that contained Turnage last night was the FT line it seems!!! I assume your post re Tigers imports was in jest. They're two of the best in our league.

Reply #682945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought this entire feed was in jest?

But yes. Both Tigers imports are very good

Reply #682949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But seriously - which Tigers import is better & are either as good as Starling?

Reply #682950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's happening at Forestville. Women and men both 0-3 and juniors starting to slide?

Reply #682956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ladies team are in shambles. Feel bad for Liv. Imagine agreeing to come back and then have a bunch of juniors and crap recruits around you.

Reply #682969 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Box scores not working for me either on Ipad. Seems to be poor design to not work with a platform that with such a big user base.

Reply #682970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ladies team may be in shambles but men still clear title favourites. Who will stop them once DJ is playing?

Reply #682975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the DJ basket just yet.

Reply #682993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the games I've seen, Darcy and Samantha are way more dominant that Olivia, much more potential

Reply #683032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How so re DJ? They've signed him, he’s already trying to qualify - what’s to be sceptical about at this point?

Reply #683040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ will go play overseas....guaranteed.

Reply #683041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if he does, no one is suggesting he will play every game. But he will play enough to qualify & be around in August. Why go through the charade if he isn't?

Reply #683042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think either is better than Liv you're kidding yourself. Hopefully they live up to that potential. Though Liv hasn’t started the season great admittedly, she won a Halls medal in 2016 and came runner up last year didn’t she.

DJ overseas all but confirmed at this stage.

Reply #683043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's say he qualifies for finals - if that is all they are targeting then why qualify when they won't make it

Reply #683045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he plays 7 more games & actually plays then that's a guaranteed 7 wins. You don’t think they can find a couple more to make finals?

Reply #683046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They won't beat Tigers or West even with him

Reply #683051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ going to which league overseas?

Reply #683054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South Australia Premier League

Reply #683056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Europe

Reply #683062 | Report this post

Karen  
Years ago

In PL if you have 7 losses you are 4th....
forrestvile are 0-3 and they still have Norwood, Southern and West to play.
And there has been whispers that if DJ plays he will be on mins restrictions (36ers request).
will 26 mins of DJ be enough to overcome the other 3 winning teams in the league?

Reply #683063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overseas and Europe. Wow, how specific.

Reply #683070 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754