Anonymous
Years ago

What’s the best way to watch boomers?

The Boomers play Saturday at 5:30pm, what is the best way to watch games?

Topic #43038 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll just be watching it streamed on channel 7's Comm Games site. I think they'll be having every Boomers game televised.

Reply #682309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel???

Reply #682310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that there really isn't much promotion or info, as these games are held here!

Reply #682359 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

anon, the Boomers play NZ on Saturday, but they play Canada first on Friday.

Reply #682475 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

What is the format of the Commonwealth Games tournament for basketball. I see that there are two pools:

A:
Australia
New Zealand
Canada
Nigeria

B:
England
Cameroon
Scotland
India

I presume the top 2 seeds of each pool progress to the semis. This will lead to boring semi-final games as pool A seems to have the top 4 teams in the tournament.

At least it means Australia will have more challenging games throughout the preliminary rounds.

Reply #682483 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's a two-team tournament, really, so essentially everything prior to the gold medal game is utterly pointless. Might as well group the stronger teams together and have slightly less embarrassing pool games.

Reply #682485 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Is there any way to watch on-demand? I missed today's game and was hoping they'd have a system like the Olympics, but it appears not.

Reply #682687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have a website but you have to pay. Olympics were free. Strange.

Reply #682688 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I bought the premium membership, but that only opens up more live channels so you can watch what you want when it's on. Doesn't have any VOD though.

Reply #682689 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

At the conclusion of the Pool stage, the top two teams from Pool A will proceed to the semi-finals. Meanwhile, the bottom two teams from Pool A will play the top two teams from Pool B in the qualifying finals with the remaining two Pool B teams will be eliminated. The winner of the qualifying finals will then advance to the semi-final. This should mean more meaningful games...but the Australian's and Kiwi's in the men are a step up on everyone else.

Reply #682693 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754