Anonymous
Years ago

Cam Bairstow

Feels like its been forever since I've heard his name mentioned, has anyone heard anything or know much about him?

Is he recovering well from injury? Will be be back on the court in a few months? Is he likely to return to the NBL? Will he return to Brisbane or go to another club?

Topic #43050 | Report this topic

Ariel 86  
Years ago

Google: knee reco

Reply #682530 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Cam had a 2 year deal with the Bullets I think. So he should be a free agent now?

1.5 of those years were lost to injuries. I had high hopes for the Bullets as they had a very good frontline of Bairstow, Kickert, Jervis, Young and (at the time) Torrey Craig.

He wouldn't come cheap I would imagine but does his injuries play a part in the next contract?

Reply #682547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Google: knee reco"

Yeah i know he had a knee reco, but we haven't really heard much about him and his progress. In the coming months you'd think he'd start returning to the court and be ready for for next season.

Has turned into a bit of a forgotten man in the NBL and doesn't get much of a mention when people are discussing teams for next season and free agents etc.

Reply #682561 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Rehabilitation takes time, but there's no reason he can't get back to near his best.

Reply #682595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The strange thing is that is Bear is targeting a return to basketball, he's not putting himself out there. Nobody in Brisbane know what he’s doing. No updates on injury progression, statements on wanting to get back to the NBL etc. Not a thing.

Reply #682670 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Cam Bairstow is simply a superb player who, when fit, should own this league. As well as his high level scoring and rebounding, he sets copybook screens. His hand-offs are so clean, unlike the embarrassing hand-offs seen by Isaac Humphries metres away from the defence.

Best of all, he has a giant heart and will devote everything he has to a game of basketball.

I too am worried about the lack of noise from the Bairstow camp given his serious injury.

Reply #682697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he's one of those rare individuals that don't need to tweet everytime he goes to the toilet.
But would be a great pickup in free agency, can't see him going to Europe so would probably be a discounted price.

Reply #682865 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm not gonna add anything but to say thanks as I had wondered why NBL commentary nearly didn't mention him at all, which to me he is as marquee an NBL player as Nic Natanui to AFL but you can't watch an Eagles game or a Perth sports report without him being mentioned and his knee.

Good luck to the big fella and I hope he can show us how much the league missed him last season

Reply #682866 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

There IS something to be said for the lack of visibility during his recovery... Was he ever on the bench? Commentators never even talked about him really, and from a league and a fan of his perspective, surely they would have wanted to keep one of their marquee signings in the spotlight a bit?

Was he a bit more higher profile in BrisVegas or was it a case of Cam-who?

Reply #683006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very rarely seen in Brisvegas. Story is he is quietly going about his own rehabilitation away from the club's overwatch....which should have them nervous. Brisbane are up for sale and their performance over the past 2 seasons does not warrant a large price tag. They need a solid roster and performance in 2019 to stay afloat. Can they throw a big contract at Cam and risk it. I would think he is better looking at options in smaller markets like Cairns or W'gong to pump life into his career.....if he wants it.

Reply #683011 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Cheers Anon... It's definitely a curious situation... It just seems that Brisbane isn't that excited about having an NBL team back, so I'm not even sure if getting Cam back (depending on the price) would be worth it for them... I know it's been hard to support a losing team, and I don't know what sort of push the team has given the marketing up there, but if they don't get to games, they won't have games to go to...

Reply #683015 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'011, I did wonder about Wollongong. If they lose Kay and Brisbane don't want to take the risk on Bairstow again, the Hawks might need to.

Reply #683024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WookieE - Brisbane IS excited about have an NBL team here again. It's just that the team is being run poorly by a bunch of monkeys.

Reply #683122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what kind of $$ do we reckon he'd be after?

I think most NBL teams will be interested, but I wonder what they'll be willing to risk.

Reply #683269 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754