Ayim
Fogg
Bulgak
Alexander
Grant-Allen

Reply #682980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canada team taking the piss just here for a holiday I reckon. Hamblin jacking up 3 pointers wtf

Reply #682982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's with the camera angle

Reply #682983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good question. its terrible.

Reply #682984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone tell that cameraman to go down another level

Reply #682985 | Report this post

What's with Sandy running Jenna who everyone knows her back isin’t right and running her starting 5 when its not needed. Carla wasn’t having her best game but continued to run her, for what?
This happened against Japan in the Asia series last year, starting 5 were not playing well and the subs had to produce without a lot of court time during earlier games.
I just don’t get it.

Reply #683008 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'd be interested to hear her philosophy about it too.
On the one hand she'd be keen to get to know the strengths, weaknesses & tendencies of the players that are most likely to be in our "real" 12. On the other hand she probably also wants to assess the newer players like Seekamp & Magbegor to see if they're likely to stick.
In this tournament the opposition is pretty bad, so the fringe players would get better competition in the training sessions than they do in these blowouts, so maybe Sandy figures this is more just a chemistry exercise.
O'Hea started but played < 15 min and didn't look hampered. It does seem totally unnecessary to risk her so I can only assume that the injury was overstated and Jenna was keen to play. I mean this is the biggest event on Australia's sporting calendar you know! ;)

Reply #683017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why do coaches continue to take injured players into teams to begin with,not sure Ohea was inured or not before ,this is just a general observation,you see it all the time in national teams,do they hope for a miraculous recovery or do they just not want to bother giving anyone else a go,its not just in basketballl either,the prime example this games was Sally Pearson,all so she could carry a torch ...really this is where you need to question the integrity of the selection process

Reply #683038 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

On this I caint say very much ... was enjoying the first quarter and a half when channel seven turned out to be c...s , sayen that the opals were way too good for canada and went to air rifles or something....
Wonder what we'll see tonite.....

Reply #683091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys can watch the full game on the app or channel 7 website live or full game replays for $19.99

Reply #683093 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

$20 IS A RIP OFF. ALL SHOULD BE FREE AND PAID FOR USING ADVERTISING.

Reply #683109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys can watch the full game on the app or channel 7 website live or full game replays for $19.99

sorry but the standard of games isnt worth $1.99

Reply #683170 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Showed all the game against england , enjoyed it . Opals class act.

Reply #683183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well 11 of the Opals are class acts anyway

Reply #683189 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Didn't really notice her at this game , but Cambage 17mins were pretty good and Griffin impressive.

Reply #683192 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

For the amount of court time Kunek nailed it. Why take 12 if your only playing 10?

Reply #683198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do you mean? we did play all 12 and have done every game. even 12th player has got at least 10 min every game which is great

Reply #683200 | Report this post

If you only give players time when the game is well and truly won, you won't know how well they perform in a must win situation

Reply #683203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rotations have been pretty consistent in all games. All 12 players getting 15-20 mins each. Coaches headache really, but she seems to have it sorted.
Lesser lights given an opportunity to show what they've got - albeit against very sub standard opponents.
Seakamp looks great with the ball in her hands - adds some dynamism to the point.

Reply #683210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If you only give players time when the game is well and truly won, you won't know how well they perform in a must win situation"

Every game has been a bloodbath so I don't see how that applies

Reply #683225 | Report this post

Make Changes  
Years ago

Here is a novel idea, why not start a completely different starting 5 and see what they can do.

Reply #683248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which naturalised player do you take when all 3 players become available?

PG - Mitchell's position
Mansfield
Ebzery
Hurst
Lavey
Clydesdale

SG - Whitcombs position
Ohea
Blicavs(Cumming)
Snell
Seekamp
Wallace

PF - Griffins position
Smith
Blicavs
Bishop
George
Garbin

Reply #683250 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

IMO it's still Mitchell's spot to lose - it's unfortunate for Griffin and Whitcomb as if they were Australian from birth they'd be locks to make the side.

Reply #683257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd take Mitchell.

Reply #683258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Mitchell a liability on defense?

Reply #683261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not at all

Reply #683262 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Mitchell pretty good .. but Griffin wow , very very good .. I'd pick Cambage first then Griffin second...

Reply #683270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whitcomb didn't make this side, why would you think she would make another, if they don’t take Griffin as their ne naturalised player they would take Mitchel over whitcomb blindfolded,
And to the poster who suggested Mitchel was a liability on defence you have obviously never watched her play

Reply #683307 | Report this post

Marty  
Years ago

With Mitchell having an Australian mother, doesn't that exempt from the one naturalised player rule?

In turn, does that mean we can take both Mitchell and Griffin?

Reply #683308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitchell was our best player at the Olympics, she's still our best option at PG, no way Griffin gets picked over her if it's an either or situation

Reply #683311 | Report this post

ferdterguson  
Years ago

With Leilani's mother being indigenous she is as Australian as any athlete.

I always thought it was strange that BA never at least challenged and requested an exception to the ruling in Leilani's case.

My conspiracy theory mind says that Joyce wanted Burton in the team and didn't want extra competition in the form of Griffin. Although that is just a crazy Alex Jones type theory with zero substance.

Reply #683313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree on Mitchell. I think the PGs for Worlds should be Mitchell, Mansfield and Wallace.

Reply #683314 | Report this post

What  
Years ago

How can Australia be playing New Zealand in the Semi Final when they both finish top of their respected pools?

Reply #683317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is not set up as a normal comp. In a bid to reduce the number of blowouts the organisers put top 4 teams in Pool A and bottom 4 in Pool B. Bottom two teams in Pool B are eliminated and top two teams play bottom two teams from Pool A in the "quarter finals" while the top two teams from Pool A go straight through to semis.

Reply #683319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone save the Opals/Boomers games on YT?

Reply #686963 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754