Chauncey
Years ago

Daniel Johnson looking for a new home? Channel 7

I just watched the channel 7 sport report and they just said that Daniel Johnson has made inquiries t possibly joining Brisbane and Sydney. Wow would be massive if he left us.

Topic #43085 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Years ago

He could be testing the market to see his value.

Reply #683436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane Lemanis would play him off the bench, not certain he is the piece Sydney need as well, they're better getting a rim protector defender.

Reply #683440 | Report this post

Sean A Johnson  
Years ago

Don't think channel seven have very much credibility really. Very good at beating up a rumour with little or no facts to back anything up.

Reply #683442 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yeah this sounds more like it would've come from DJ's reps and probably in response to the Motum rumour.

Brisbane? with how Lemanis flat out refuses to pick DJ in every Boomers squad? I don't think so.

Reply #683443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ a Lemanis-coached Brisbane being one of the clubs.

Reply #683444 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If Lemanis has to choose between DJ and Hodgson, I wonder which way he'd go...........

Reply #683447 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

What makes you think Lemanis will still be the Brisbane coach

Reply #683449 | Report this post

holic  
Years ago

DJ to Perth is the worst kept secret in the NBL. Only one which was even worst is the Gliddon scenario to Perth.

Reply #683460 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think the Sixers would really have to screw up to lose DJ to Brisbane or Sydney. He wants to win a title, not a wooden spoon! I think he'll either stay in Adelaide or sign with Perth if they make him a big enough offer.

Reply #683464 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

He thrives in Adelaide and he's settled and they're always around the mark under Joey. Plus if he went to Perth he would have to play for Gleeson. That alone would put me off.

Reply #683465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson is ewwww but the money offered probably overrides it.

Reply #683467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, I didn't know DJ was trying to get into the TV industry.

Reply #683468 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

DJ ain't going anywhere. Announcement soon

Reply #683472 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I would be happy with Nick Kay coming to Perth

Reply #683478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Plus if he went to Perth he would have to play for Gleeson. That alone would put me off."

Oh why is this troll allowed to be on the forum? He trolls every Perth thread etc etc

Reply #683482 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounds like he's been locked up in Adelaide. Good move by the 36ers.

Any team should take Nick Kay. It'd be a damaging blow for Illawarra to lose him.

Reply #683485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If dj came to melb he would get on national team

Reply #683493 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

If DJ is staying in Adelaide does that mean Motum returning is just a rumour.

Reply #683495 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Why would DJ staying prevent Motum from signing?

They played together before.

Reply #683496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard they didn't really get along though, same with DJ and the dp davis

Reply #683498 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Didn't say it would prevent Adelaide from signing Motum.
Just curious as to whether they would sign both.

Reply #683500 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Motum signing would make it tougher to regain Childress as they currently have plans to do. Creek is all be locked up for another 3 years pending agreement. Shorter is potentially gone if a better option presents itself. Drmic is 50/50 currently. Moore should be a lock in also

Reply #683510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't be surprised if Chill doesn't return. Not all wine and roses with him and the Sixers apparently. Not trying to troll here - just something that's going round the traps. Personally I hope he stays at least another year. You worry about the injuries and age, but he's such an outstanding all-around talent who still plays both ends of the floor and is a low-maintenance guy that you'd still want him on your team.

Reply #683514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not all wine and roses? Care to elaborate?

Reply #683522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress is great team guy and player but cost a lot coinage, as much as the Sixers think their team is low budget, lol.

Reply #683532 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

If the Sixers can lock in DJ then they should chase Nick Kay, not Motum! Motum is a good player, but he and DJ would not be a good combo defensively!

Reply #683546 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

IMO, Drmic should move to somewhere he can get solid minutes as a starter on a poorer team, or early sub at least. Is getting to Madgen level out of the question, where he's averaging 15 PPG for a middling team?

Reply #683547 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I was hoping for more from Drmic but he looks to be a bit of a 1 trick pony offensively.

Reply #683553 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

There's a difference pricewise between having ex-NBA players for multiple years compared to one ex-NBA guy for half a season.

Reply #683581 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Haven't heard anything on Motum considering a return. Highly doubt we can afford him in the NBL even United. His skillset is high demand in Europe still.

Reply #683584 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Boti suggests that DJ could be lured by the Breakers, I think he'd knock that back but could be interesting to see where he goes

Reply #683606 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

proud, I've posted in another thread that I believe DJ has been wrapped up in Adelaide. Agent likely entertained other offers to drive up the deal from the 36ers.

Reply #683617 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

DJ finalized his contract in the last day or so AFAIK. Which team he signed with though, I'm not sure. Hoping you're correct, Isaac.

Reply #683620 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

3 year deal with Adelaide. Sixers just announced

Reply #683630 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Holic was right on the money with hos predictions...

Reply #683631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holic wrong.
DJ a sixer for 3 more years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/daniel-johnson-signs-new-threeyear-deal-to-stay-at-nbl-club-adelaide-36ers/news-story/cd86d261f2af4c03f5ade0ffaebfc251

Reply #683638 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754