Anonymous
Years ago

Where will Hodgson land ?

With the 36ers granting Hodgson a release from his final year of contract, who are the front runners for his services?

Rumour is his agent put the request in quite a while prior to seasons end.....reason for his reduction in playing time ?

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/article/36140-hodgson-parts-ways-with-sixers

Topic #43087 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Joey tweeted something about his players being approached by coaches/agents during season which he thought was an attack on team chemistry as they tried to make a finals run. I assumed it meant Lemanis and Hodgson would be Brisbane-bound.

I imagine it'd be agent-lead as Lemanis doesn't strike me as overly nefarious, and usually coaches would limit these approaches to careful comments/implications. Could easily imagine a heart-to-heart at a Boomers session though where it was implied that a different style of team/play could fit Hodgson better. "At the Bullets, we play a pretty similar game to the Boomers structure that's suited you in recent months..." - that kind of thing.

Like I said in the other thread, if he's on the outer here, as long as you're not interfering with the team during the season, this could be best for everyone.

Reply #683490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb or qbl im hearing

Reply #683492 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Joey's a bit of a thlippery thnake

Reply #683494 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Needless to say his agent wants him to consider other options besides brisbane..... Europe.

Reply #683499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Sydney an option to replace Humphries ? Randle and Hodgson have same agent after all.

Reply #683504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would fit well @Taipans.....if we have a team?

Reply #683506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a bit of a spud at times, but I still think he can develop into a handy player. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Perth as a back up to Brandt. The Cats have a pretty good record in recent years in helping get local centres who sign to improve and find form (Jervis, Jawai, Brandt).

Feel like he'll end up at Brisbane though.

Reply #683509 | Report this post

MattyG  
Years ago

remember he made the Australian boomers, he must be good

Reply #683511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely if he ends up at Brisbane then Jervis is out. Can't have two of the exact same player

Reply #683517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mean you can, one comes off the bench to replace the other

Reply #683520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did someone say Europe???????? Bahahahahahaha!!!!
Maybe to go play where the Balls are

Reply #683529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am surprised at how backwards he has gone this season.

Reply #683530 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Would fit well @Taipans.....if we have a team?

Hodgson will have to play 40 mins a game if he is backing up Nate.

Reply #683535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, plenty of minutes there for a strapping young fella...

Reply #683541 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Hodgson is a GOON. Too busy throwing bows to ever set a screen or nut up on D

Reply #683593 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

It's now official. Hodgson signs with the Bullets for 1 yr.

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/41707-bullets-add-another-boomer-in-matt-hodgson

Reply #686636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MOck is Crap

Reply #686732 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754