Kent Brockman
Years ago

Black out of game tonight

nbl.com has storied that Stephen Black will not be playing tonight due to a muscle strain.

bad way for them to start the season. wonder how the older legs will hold up if the young ones are hurting already.

Topic #4314 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Hopefully not too well, as I put down $5 at 7 to 1 on the Breakers. $5 is a huge investment on my part.

Now I only hope the Breakers play some D.

Reply #50127 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Good luck - but I think you just threw away $5.00

Reply #50134 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Breakers were at 11/1 erlier today.

Reply #50135 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Well I figure if the Bullets are going to drop one it will be now with Black out and lacking match practice. Bradtke is struggling with injury so hopefully Pepper will be better than awful tonight.

Plus New Zealand can score, they just have to stop someone.

Reply #50136 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Good luck DC - If Rucker walks past me Ill see if I can trip him up so he misses as well - but I still dont like your chances :)

Reply #50139 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Yeah I'm feeling nervous about my five dollars. Better kick his shooting arm when he's lying on the ground for me as well.

Reply #50142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those supermarkets must be paying too much if you're able to spare $5 for a bet on the Breakers!

Reply #50143 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I hope this wasn't $5 from the Replacing The World's Biggest Mobile Phone Fund we set up so that you could have a new telecommunications device that wasn't viewable from orbit...

Reply #50145 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Sure the odds won't change just like they do in horse racing. With Black out, the odds of the Breakers winning are greater. Where did you place your bet DC. I might join you?

Reply #50148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Damn, can't believe I forgot to make a joke about Brisbane's new "Black-out player intros"... Boti, if you're reading, you know that's gotta make it into tomorrow's Around the NBL column!

Reply #50149 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Don't knock the phone Isaac. Wish I had one so I would never lose my tiny little one in my handbag. Do you know how many calls I miss because I can't find it on time when it rings? It ends up costing me money because I then have to return the call.

Reply #50151 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Placed the bet on at the Glenelg TAB. All TABs have the sports bet function I think.

As for the phone, it can't fit into the pockets of the new jeans I bought. Thus when I go out I now need to carry the phone in one hand making nearly all tasks difficult.

Seriously you shouldn't joke about the phone as it doubles as a mobile command centre to contact my legion of Double Clutch followers in numerous world governments. Any more jokes and I will reach into my personal file into each one of you I have (complied by my Double Clutch spies) and reveal one terrible personal secret you all have (I know you like to eat flowers while in the bathroom Isaac).

And the supermarket doesn't pay all that well. I'm spending big as when Arnie isn't interested in talking to you he promptly dips into his money bag he carries with him at all times, arrogantly pulls out a crisp $100 bill and hands it you with a smile and a "Be good kiddo" remark leaving you in the middle of your sentence. Thus I just follow Arnie around every junior stadium, and everyone else wanting to become rich I suggest they do the same. The man is made of money; it falls out of his pockets!

Reply #50155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the difference between a junior stadium, and a senior stadium? :P

Or do you mean he only frequents the 'junior' stadiums, such as Wayville, Pasadena, Starplex and doesn't venture to the 'senior' stadiums, like MV, Marion, Hillcrest, Port etc.?

Amazing where a post on Stephen Black's absence can lead, hey?

Reply #50157 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

It was a mistake but it hindsight it seems correct. Arnie always talks too highly of himself (in the 3rd person) to visit the "senior" stadiums.

"Arnie doesn't go to senior stadiums. Arnie only goes to stadiums where Arnie can see his beautiful face looking back at Arnie on a recently waxed floor."

Reply #50159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"Arnie doesn't go to senior stadiums. Arnie only goes to stadiums where Arnie can see his beautiful face looking back at Arnie on a recently waxed floor."
Isn't that his email signature?

Reply #50160 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Anyone else here wondering who the hell is Arnie?

LOL

Reply #50161 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Why do i have a vision of DC as the guy from Resevoir Dogs who wears the track suit and carries the big white mobile with him?

Reply #50162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Arnott. And no, probably not many others wondering who they were referring to.

Reply #50163 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Actually yogee, I was wondering who Arnie was too.

DC, if you're short of cash, I'm willing to offer you a job answering my phone for me. This job has two advantages:
- you'd get the opportunity to hang out with Arnie
- you'd get to use a phone that is smaller than the Great Wall

Arnie likes this plan.

Reply #50167 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

If the Breakers don't win tonight, I might have to take you up on your offer. My life savings are riding on tonight's game.

Reply #50168 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DC, looks like you may have to do a bit of extra overtime this coming week.

Reply #50198 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

DC what happened to all the hush money you made from keeping names off your "what's not" list?

Reply #50199 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Spent it all on Johnny Walker.

Well I just called work. At the moment I'm being paid $18.20 an hour. However with current petrol prices the 40 minute drive to work costs me $32,429 in petrol one way. Hence I will have to work 3,465 hours pre-tax to regain my $5.

Sorry guys, no strip clubs for me the next few weeks.

Reply #50277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get the girls to strip at your place dc save a lot on petrol that way

Reply #50286 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754