sawmeinhalf
Years ago

Sixers to go 0-2 on the Sunshine Swing

Matt McQuade has predicted on NBL.com.au that Adelaide will lose both of it's games in Townsville and Cairns this weekend.

He mentions in his breakdown that Maher will be hard for Townsville to stop, we have no-one who can get even close to being able to stop Brad Newley and that Dusty will struggle to stop Cat.

Any thoughts?

Topic #4317 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Why would Dusty be on Cat?

Cat does not play the 4 spot on that team.

Tipped sixers to get the Crocs but not Cairns.

May be the hardest road trip in the NBL this year.

Bring back the Doomsday Double!!!

Reply #50172 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I agree with Kent - Nash will guard Cat- then in townsville probably Newley too. Look for Farley to rotate onto Newley and bump him around a bit, to give Nash a breather.

Realistically I think the Sixers will probably beat the crocs and by 5-6 pts and lose to the taipans by a little more than that margin.

Look out for the Catalini trademark turnaround baseline jumper - ouch !!

Maher is going to tear both teams a new one, and we need more out of Jacob and Oscar this week. I think if both have an impact on the scoreboard we are a chance to upset cairns.

Reply #50173 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I think a Cairns Brisbane double would be harder.

I'm happy to be facing the Croc's as the first game and especially this early on - they seem to struggle in the early part of the year - is it chemistry, stacker?

Reply #50174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually, Cat IS playing the 4 spot on that team.

Reply #50175 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

So who plays the 3 for Cairns then smarty pants?

Reply #50178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1) Mee
2) Stewart
3) Boodnikoff
4) Cattalini
5) Decker

Answer your question?

Reply #50179 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Thanks tiger.

Reply #50183 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmm, I tipped the other way...lose to Crocs, beat Cairns.

If Adelaide doesnt know how to stop Cattalini, who does?

Don;t forget we will have Oscar who would have scrimmaged against Catt for a few years, and Dusty has played with him....Nashy would have also probably scrimmaged against him as well as play with him

Reply #50184 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

We should get the win against Townsville...WHo is gonna stop Newley and Rillie? ummmmm let see. I thinnk our good mate Nash and farley will rotate off those two players. Should win by bout 4-8 pts..

Now Cairns will be a different story. Cat is on song scoring 38 points in his opening game last week against the crocs. Garbage man will be able to do the job and can probably yout rebound cat, expect Nash to also guard him for a while. If i recall last year we played Cairns and Melbourne....Burges 7ft1..Bradke 7ft and didnt the garbage man out rebound them both... yes he did. Rychart reads the ball so good and boxes out real strong. Mee will be tought to stop but Nash and faley can do the job. Cairns will tire coz of there lack of bench power. We need Holmes Forman and hill to fire, and faley maher rychart and nash thrown into the mix and that is a very good offensive and defensive unit.

Reply #50220 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I think the Sixers can beat either Cairns or Townsville, but the question is will they.

A 1-1 weekend would be an excellent result and a good platform for the start of the season. On the other hand 0-2 would be a very bad start to our record on the road, and could end up hurting at the other end of the season (as a couple of agonising road losses did last year).

I'm for a win against Crocs, loss to the Snakes.

Reply #50238 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Looking at the games individually, I agree, we are not really favoured to win either of them. But as is often the way with road trips like this, the Sixers will probably come away with the win in one of them.

Reply #50243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smyth may not be coaching this weekend......

Reply #50246 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Has he actually coached any games at all?

Reply #50247 | Report this post

sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Anon 50246, Why might Smyth not coach?

Reply #50270 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Sixers to beat Cairns but lose to the Croc's. And who is "panther lover", I really hope your female!

Reply #50402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sawmeinhalf....death in the family unfortunately.

Reply #50413 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Just to remind everyone of my predictions, please see above...god i'm good!

Reply #50913 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

First win in Cairns since 2002, says Boti.

Reply #50916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754