Southern Joe
Years ago

Question For Any High Level Refs

Player A is fouled.

He is NOT shooting, his team will be getting the ball from the side or baseline.

Question: Does Player A have to be the inbounder or can any player on his team inbound the ball.

Also ... if the answer is yes .... from what level does this apply.

I know it doesn't apply at junior rep level.

Topic #43227 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, someone's pissed off at junior rep level.
Why don't you just tell the story instead of putting out an obvious question that some ref has obviously stuffed up.

Reply #686815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm no

Reply #686817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone can inbound

Reply #686819 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Are we talking Basketball? This is basic basketball. How about you read the rule book, so 1. You no longer make a fool of yourself and 2. By reading the book in its entirety you might be in a better position to understand the rules in the future.

Anyone of the 5 players on the floor can throw a ball in at anytime during the game.

Reply #686820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down FM. I'm pretty sure he understands the rules, I’d say he is asking due to a bad call or something so is just seeking clarification.

Reply #686821 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Passive aggressive behaviour is stupid

Reply #686822 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

FFS.

Just asking because I thought I remembered seeing it at NBL level.

Simple question .. no ulterior motives ( esp. since my son no longer plays VJBL & plays Big V) .

Yes or no would suffice ... mebbe too hard to ask for from some ?

Reply #686825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know any high level refs personally so went and asked my 8 year old son, his reply " Dad you dickhead, everyone knows anyone can inbound the ball after a foul, are you a moron or what", I think that sums it up pretty well.

Reply #686826 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

"Settle down FM. I'm pretty sure he understands the rules, I'd say he is asking due to a bad call or something so is just seeking clarification."

Yes... I do understand most of the rules.

As I've stated before, not because of a bad call but yes.. clarification.

Mind you .... some of the responses received here for an honest, non-smart-arse type question here shows either elitist bullshit( ie ... I know my shit, why don't you?), trolling by said lot, or just trolls who think they are funny.

Either way... if you want to further the spread of basketball enjoyment, maybe just answer the question and move on... we are then all more enlightened.

Reply #686828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classic Southern Joe. When he's not tipping the Kings to win every game it's drama with his kid's junior basketball.

Reply #686831 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I feel a bit sorry for any high level refs who showed up to read this. Was expecting a bit more of a challenging edge case.

Reply #686857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whack goes Isaac

Reply #686956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those Premier League refs are too busy to answer your question,get a green shorter or ask that coordinator of green shirt program at Wayville,I am sure he is too busy sitting there doing nothing.

Reply #686965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get Mattic to answer.

Reply #686969 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754