(Mod: Added a topic title.)

Topic #43233 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes, right on

Reply #686929 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yes I said from the moment that Bogut came in that Melbourne will try to equal or better the signing so look out for that. As there aren't too many Aussies in Bogut's situation I expect the signing will be an import who might otherwise be signed on good money in China. They had the money to have talks with Bogut so I assume they didn't spend it all on Peter Hooley just now lol.

Reply #686938 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to lure a top level PG. Ware looks more likely to score a big gig either in Euro or SL after winning a championship. His defensive toughness would definitely attract more attention.

Reply #686940 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United should go after the best Aussies available:

Broekhoff
Motum

If nothing eventuates they'll have to settle for a 2nd tier Aussie like Trist or Jois, and then go all out after 3 gun imports.

Certainly Perth, Adelaide and Sydney are leading the way at this point with Aussie talent, but United could yet even things up by recruiting 3 studs.

Boone was quality this year, but he's turning 34. Given their competitors look like improving their rosters, United might need to find someone better.

But having said that, if they re sign Boone I certainly won't be complaining. He's a strong rim protector and rebounder, and a proven quantity. Him and Pledger would be a good combination that could hopefully neutralise Bogut- or minimise his influence.

Reply #686941 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Cairns looking good also. We putting together NZ national team with American Dad as coach!! Hehe.

Mike will have them in the playoff pic spending 25% of other clubs. Thank god for the 40 min game though...

Reply #686944 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Orbit you are delusional

Reply #686950 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Melbourne boy one must be optimistically delusional. What else do we have?

Reply #686952 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ben Madgen would be a great pickup too. Starring in Lithuania.

Reply #686953 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Signing Chris Bosh would surely be a 5% chance.

Reply #686966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Signing Chris Bosh would surely be a 5% chance."

NBL would actually be a good option for him to ease his way back into pro basketball to see how he goes, don't see him being that interested in it though

Reply #686973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL would be the perfect league for him - they let Matt Knight play so Bosh's health issues would also be a non-issue.

Reply #686980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United looking for a cheaper option than Boone.

Reply #687005 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

You would have to think Boone's value has gone up since 12 months ago.

Over the past few years the NBL has improved in it's position as a domestic league relative to other leagues.

Boone just got named All NBL 1st team and won a championship. So teams in Europe may have taken note, and he can probably demand a better salary.

Same goes for Ware, of course.

Reply #687009 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

Broekoff would be nice.

Has he come to the end of the line in Europe??

Reply #687024 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Are you sure all NBL first team carries much weight... it didn't for DJ with Lemanis

Reply #687034 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Broekhoff recently made the All-Eurocup team.

Reply #687036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ is also not a champion

Reply #687065 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754