http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-01/son-of-gun-lion-to-enter-nba-draft

Topic #43239 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darryl who?

Reply #687074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darryl White. His surname is in the thread title.

Reply #687075 | Report this post

Great key position player on the Brisbane Bears/Lions teams.

Reply #687078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry anonymous you don't know about DW or his son?
Obviously not and AFL fan nor a basketball / NBL fan. So why even comment.?

Reply #687080 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I think Anon had the same reaction as me. Knew who McDowell-white is but never heard of Daryl White before.

Reply #687085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know who Darryl is but tend to agree as to why mention it in title. Has gotten more discussion than William actually entering draft, like putting Cecil's son Dante or Dave's son Ben entering draft, has nothing to do with actual topic.
As to that, any chance he even gets a sniff in second round. Can't remember what schools were interested in him, wasn't it more to do with academic qualification that kept him out? Otherwise could have done a Simmons, played, not gone to class and hopefully got noticed by some teams.

Reply #687086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Old news

Reply #687088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO it's new news.

Reply #687090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I think Anon had the same reaction as me. Knew who McDowell-white is but never heard of Daryl White before."

Correct.

"I know who Darryl is but tend to agree as to why mention it in title"

Exactly!

Reply #687093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starting the title of a topic on a basketball forum with the name of a parent from another sport is baffling. Even more baffling is #080 comment. No, I'm not an AFL fan since you know this is a NBL/basketball forum. JFC!

Reply #687097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus you know nothing about his Kings time either

Reply #687107 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

This just gets his name out and hopefully a few workout invites. Its general better if he doesn't go in the second round but worksout for a few teams and then can get a few summer league invites so he can choose the best situation for him to make a roster.

Reply #687115 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It's actually old news...

Reply #687150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Espn only has him "Testing the waters" so he hasn't got an agent so he can test, see if there is interest and then either go into draft or go back to college

Reply #687165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Plus you know nothing about his Kings time either"

What? He was with them last season, as an NBL follower of course I know that.

Reply #687168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you all realize that the article is from an AFL website, thus the reference to the AFL playing father? Logic 101

Reply #687175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are you linking old news from an AFL website when it was written about earlier on basketball-related websites? Logic 101 #oldnews

Reply #687177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll think you’ll find he does have an agent, playing professionally in Germany aleady.

Reply #687227 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #687231 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754