DJM
Years ago

New Sixers Season Tickets & Letter

Can't see this mentioned elsewhere, apologies if it is.

What was the story behind receiving a letter and a second set of season tickets and being asked to hand back the originals at the next home game? The letter mentioned they were programmed only for the first game. Doesn't seem to make sense!

Topic #4324 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't get a letter but someone else I know did, but they had two tickets and only got a replacement for one

Reply #50203 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

if you read the letter properly it states the manufacturer made a mistake an error with the barcode being the fault which they temporarily fixed for the first game, but needed to replace the season tickets for the remainder of the season

good to see some proactive work and recieving the tickets fortnight before the next game, rather then picking them up at the game or getting them day before

Reply #50204 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Thanks Thomo - yes, have read the letter and understand what it says. I agree, it is excellent to receive them early.

I certainly do not intend making an issue, nor starting a witch hunt with conspiracy theories. If I was aggrieved, I would have contacted the club through the signatory on the letter.

I just thought the explanation was interesting (from an IT background).

Reply #50208 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Is the fault with every season ticket? I haven't recieved such a letter as of yet.

Reply #50279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps it's a conspiracy to ensure DC is unable to get into any more games?

Reply #50280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When i first got my tickets (2 of them) i made the comment how it's odd the barcodes are exactly the same. I thought the scanning software (when entering the stadium) must have a record of the number of tickets per barcode. If not it would mean multiple entries on the same ticket. Obviously this isn't the case and they have had to re-issue. It seems odd that not everyone had the problem and by the sounds of it, the old ticket (as the new ones have a completely new number) may still work. Probably why they are asking to hand them in at the next game. BTW the old and the new are exactly the same (except for the barcode) so i'm sure some people will use the wrong one anyway.

Reply #50288 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah i got one and i think the old tickets will continue to work, maybe they were not counting multiple scans so people could use one ticket over and over. Or if you so want to keep the old ticket and give it to someone you know and you enter with your new tickets and they with your old ticket. It must be that or as the previous poster said why would they just not say throw the old one away.

Reply #50354 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754