Anonymous
Years ago

Joe Ingles beast mode

Slow Mo Joe is carrying the Jazz in this game. Great to see him dominate in such a high level game. Team high 19 points with plenty of time left.

Topic #43251 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

is he guarding harden 1 6 3pointers

Reply #687297 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Joe has been good.
Dante has done a few handy things too.

Reply #687300 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Swish...

Reply #687306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

24 pts so far :O

Reply #687307 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ingles with 27. Exum defending Harden well.

Reply #687308 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Stuffing it in the hole pretty well too!

Reply #687309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty good time to score a career high!

Reply #687312 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

How good is it to have Aussies not just as role players or bit pieces in the NBA. Joe is a legit star
Nice slam from Exum near the end too

Reply #687313 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

@Duke Fan - Joe isn't a legit star but he is a very good NBA player who is a starter on most teams in the league which is awesome.

Exum perhaps showing some things too which is great for his confidence and Utah

Reply #687315 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Your opinion Reality, and that's not necessary reality. His profile has been on the increase all season and 27 points as a starter in a 2nd round playoff game are star numbers

Reply #687317 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

*necessarily

Reply #687318 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

16pts a game in first 8 games of the playoffs at 50% fg and 4rbs and 3asts to boot. Might not be "star" numbers by Harden, Curry, Westbrook stat stuffer numbers, but continued, smart, consistent play helping lead the Jazz to knock off OKC and snatch home court in second round against league leaders for 17-18, Rockets. Loving Joe's growth and development as to one of the most reliable players in the NBA.

Where are all those posters who were slagging off Exum just as he returned from injury!? That hopeless Snyder coach for some reason keeps giving him minutes off the bench and also having him guard Harden in the crunch on the road in the playoffs and then he has the nerve to posterise Tucker to help seal the game. A woeful player is he after coming back from back to back injuries of an ACL and separated shoulder....

Reply #687320 | Report this post

Joe Ingles made Captain Feathersword his bitch tonight.

Exum will be an all-star one year. Bouncing back sttongly from the injuries. He and Mitchell are going to ve ine helluva backcourt.

Reply #687322 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Exum has been nice but if Rubio was playing how much time would he get?

Exum has along way to go to stay in the league longterm but hopefully he remains healthy and can show he belongs.

Reply #687323 | Report this post

BobnCat  
Years ago

Just sit back and enjoy the ride folks. All star, legit star, who stars! Really!! I hope and think our culture in team first would be formost on their mind at this point. As long as the team continues to win, I really don't think they could give a continental on who scores the points. As for defence, it really was cool watching Dante play his role tonight. Great job all round.

Reply #687327 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Typical ESPN;

Joe Ingles sinks 7 three's for 27 Points and all the headlines are like "Donovan Mitchell slams door on Rockets comeback" or "Mitchell electrifies in win". Videos are of Mitchell and Harden on the ESPN homepage.

I get it - people want to see Mitchell, not so much Joe - but at least give Ingles' more credit/put his name in the title/reference. i.e. "Mitchell, Ingles power Jazz past Rockets" or something.

Reply #687336 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Joe Ingles is the man. It depends what you categorize a star as. If Kyle Korver or Wally Szczerbiak can make an all-star team then why not Joe. I used to say he was a poor mans Tayshaun Prince but Prince is actually a Poor Man's Joe Ingles. He is my favorite player on earth been following him since he was 17 years old. Could not be happier for him. And honestly could not be prouder to be Australian today.

Reply #687345 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Prince is actually a Poor Man's Joe Ingles.

Tayshaun Prince 11.1ppg @ 45.5% 36.7% 3P, 4.5 R, 2.4 A

Joe Ingles 7ppg @ 44.7%, 2.9 R, 2.8 A

Tayshaun's achievements : 1 x Championship, 3 x 2nd team all-defensive (consequtively).

Joe's achievements :

Do you even know what 'Poor Man's ' is?

Just to be clear, I'm very happy for Ingles and what the Jazz are doing.

Reply #687356 | Report this post

je  
Years ago

Star ... legit star ... role player ... maybe we could settle with 'star role player'?

As for Exum, great to see him utilize his physical tools so effectively in a limited role. I'd hold up on calling him a future all-star though. To be an all-star guard in the NBA you have to be able to create your own shot. The unfortunate reality is that his handle is so underdeveloped for a guard, and it's pretty rare for someone to drastically improve that skill at his age.

Reply #687364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is true although he created his own dunk pretty nicely today that basically iced the game
no point comparing career stats for ingles and prince right now since joe has spent this season on an upward climb so his career stats don't reflect the player he is today

Reply #687365 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Star or not....

Ingles has stepped up when it counts. That makes him more important for the franchise than his stats suggest.

The Australians in the NBA seem to be getting a reputation for producing when it counts for their teams. They're not stuffing stats, but helping their teams to progress in the playoffs. That helps teams sell tickets and sponsorships.

I liken the emerging reputation of Aussies in the NBA to the 1990s when (former) East German cyclists started to be picked up by Euro pro teams. They were beyond tough. It seemed like every pro tour team had 1 or 2 on their squads. They gave their all so the team leaders could win. Pro cycling is, in some ways, the ultimate sport for individual athletes sacrificing themselves for the team. I hope/think the right Aussie players will eventually be regarded as indispensable for team success. (Doping aside, of course.)

Reply #687388 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Awesome effort I didn't think Utah would grab a road win.

Reply #687391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is a more athletic Shaun Livingston

Reply #687398 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I was surprised by those career numbers by Prince. Always assumed they would have being way higher (he actually only averaged 10.3ppg the year they won the title) - guess its just weird as a young me at the time thought he was a big superstar of the league.

Suppose he was a very good defensive player however + efficient player.

An amazing Joe stat is that on the regular season he connected on 44% of threes. I bet a lot of non-Australian fans will assume 'yeah because he doesn't shoot many" - yet he made a whopping 204 3's.

He was 61 3PM behind James Harden who had this season's record; yet Harden would have had a higher usage rate and Harden did only shoot it at 36%.

Could easily make the argument he was the best 3 point shooter in the league this year - which is amazing for him and one helluva an effort.

Reply #687402 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Best spot up 3 point shooter, sure. Even as a very high volume spot up shooter.

But as Ingles has repeatedly acknowledged himself, the quality of the shots he takes is significantly easier than those taken by the true elites, the Harden's, Curry’s, even on some level Mitchell, who take every shot off balance, falling away, off the dribble, with a hand in the face.

Ingles is still a star though. Every team in the league would happily add him to the roster as he makes the guys around him better and is essentially a point forward 3 and D guy, which is very rare.

Reply #687412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

back to scrub mode. jazz demolished

Reply #687573 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Those Warriors back to scrub mode today too.

Reply #687576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles has always been a scrub. The warriors have always been great is was a off night. This was back to normal for Joe. Houston is way better.

Reply #687577 | Report this post

"Ingles has always been a scrub"
Like Delly has been a scrub as been mentioned previously. These guys performing at the highest level at times on the highest stage in the basketball world.

Fucking scrubs hey.If only you could hit a jump shot every now and then.

Reply #687579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754