KB3
Years ago

I have Foxtel - why cant i watch some NBA games

I got to watch one Utah game the other day and cant watch todays game. Anyone know why?

Topic #43270 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel only has the espn and some tnt games. If its on another network or espn doesn't have the rights we don't get it.

Reply #687676 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Get the NBA App its simple!

Reply #687677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or google game stream through reddit

Reply #687678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch it through Sportsbet app...easy.

Reply #687679 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

ESPN does often show games that aren't on the national networks actually. Quite often during the season we get games that are taken straight off NBA tv.

I think its just that ESPN Australia and New Zealand chooses not to make all of the playoff games available. Possibly cost reasons (its a big item)

Reply #687685 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Stream it through this, i use this and chrome cast to my TV. It drops out and lags occassionally.

http://nba-stream.com/next-games-live/

Reply #687690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because Foxtel/ESPN aren't NBA League Pass.

It costs ESPN Australia in rights. Usually from conference finals onwards every game is covered though.

Reply #687692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There would be another playoff package available but no Australian TV station has picked it up. I recall when One tried being a sports channel they showed other playoff games and when it came to the conference finals and onwards they would be simulcast on both free to air and pay TV.

Lift up your game Australian broadcasters.

Reply #687693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I miss the days of there being games on OneHD when it was being hyped as a sport channel.

I'd love to see a free to air station next season take advantage of the rise in australian basketball and become 'The home of Aussie basketball.'

-Show most NBL games live on TV
-Show all boomers games on live TV
-Show 2-3 NBA games a week that involve Aussie players (76ers/Jazz/Celtics/Spurs etc)

I remember 7mate used to show all of Jarryd Hayne's NFL games live, would be good if someone could do something similar with a couple Aussie NBA players each week.

I wonder if the NBL could work with the NBA and some Aus players to help create some sort of package deal for TV broadcasters in Aus.

Reply #687697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^and also show any future NBLxNBA preseason games

Reply #687698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was kind of happening with One until Murdoch purchased Ten shares to close down the free to air competition to Fox Sports. Dog. At least him and his allies got booted by Ten eventually.

Reply #687700 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Get League PAss Bro. No fights with Wife over the TV either lol

Reply #687763 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754