mystro
Years ago

Tai Wesley confirmed to NZ

Confirmed today, Melbourne's Tai Wesley is heading back to NZ on a 1 year deal.

Topic #43326 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

Kevin Brasswell's team so far looking like....

Ili / Weeks
- / -
Abercrombie / - / Ngatai
Wesley / Delaney
- / Majok

I expect an Import 5 that's athletic and can get up & down the floor and at least an Import SG.
if they can get a decent local as a back up SF they may hold the 3rd import up their sleeve but I can't think of anyone that jumps out

Reply #688727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kind of surprised it's only a 1 year deal. Coming off a great season and just turned 32 (so nearing the end of his prime), you'd think he'd try cash in on a big 2-3 year deal, especially with the multi year deals being handed out already this off season.

Reply #688732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/41981-the-new-zealand-breakers-sign-tai-wesley

Reply #688734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wesley was only allowed to sign a 1 year deal as he is going through naturalisation i was told.

Reply #688752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something that was brought up on a pod was heuir going to NZ as a back up 2

Reply #688753 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Really don't like our team to be honest; just seem to be lacking with roster quality. Scoring seems like it's going to be an issue (unless we can get a Carlos Powell at SG).

I fear its going to be a similar repeat of the 2013-2014 season.

Would be really interested to know what's going on behind closed doors with management and their approach to signings.

Reply #688817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MacDub, you have one of the better local lists, with negotiations going on with Corey Webster, and the ability to bring in 3 good imports. Wow mate, cheer up.

Reply #688830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with Mac dub

Reply #688837 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Carlos Powell? Breakers have a no dickhead policy and part of that was because they don't want guys like Carlos. It was me, me me when it came to Carlos. Could score but caused issues.

I like the team they have put together so far. Wesley is a big signing and still got import slots up their sleeve. Weeks as back up PG is a great signing, Shea deserves to be starting PG and if some solid imports can be signed then we are looking good.

Reply #688840 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

chris, you've misinterpreted what i have meant. I meant we need to get a person with scoring ability like C.Powell. I agree he had issues. His scoring was huge though.

Reply #688843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers will be top 4 team for sure

Reply #688850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've made playoffs 8 of last 11 so fair chance they will again. It's a different org now and a different looking team so maybe that record doesn't carry the weight it used to.

Reply #688851 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Reasonable local group

At this point obviously Sydney and Adelaide way ahead of everyone else, Perth, Bris and NZ all looking decent. United have a couple of signings left, and Cairns and Illawarra going for veterans, and those seeking opportunity.

You'd be expecting United and Perth to spend up big on imports.

NZ- guess it depends on the new owners.

Reply #688890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PG depth looks weak?

Reply #688901 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754