Cram
Years ago

Centre of Excellence/ nba academy

I'm going to see the Tigers vs CoE game this weekend and was looking to check out the CoE roster and came across the stuff about the NBA academy. I remember hearing a little about it a while back but think I was out of the country when it came in. How do the two programs compare? Obviously the CoE play in the seabl, but does the academy have regular competition?

Also, anyone I should look out for in the CoE team?

Topic #43344 | Report this topic

Smith  
Years ago

It depends who they take to Melbourne mate. It can be a mix of NBA academy athletes and COE players. Dan Grida has been tearing it up this season. Tamuri Wigness is special but you have to remember he's playing within the system. Would be great to see how he goes against Wilson.

Have fun.

Reply #689189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CoE beat Bendigo!

Reply #689280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cram, did you end up going to the Tigers V COE game?

Saw the Tigers beat them, Wow, that looks like an upset with how the COE have been playing this year?

Reply #689386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith - What do you mean by playing within the system?

I would have thought all coaches have a system?

Reply #689389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume he means he's playing withing a rigid CoE system where there is no flexibility.

Reply #689398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That sounds like a lot of coaches' systems to me.

Do the "Wrong Thing" in offense and it doesn't work, then have a seat.

Do the "Wrong Thing"" in offense and it works then keep playing.

I don't know that is exclusively limited to the COE.

Then there are the favored few, some because they've earned their stripes, others just because the coach likes them, for reasons that are clearer to the coach and not necessarily the casual observer.

Reply #689400 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah it was a good game. No Wigness unfortunately.

Tom Wilson was on fire. 8/11 on 3s, and not many were open. Has a weird looking shot, but seems to be able to get it off against good d, but bigger wings in the NBL might prove different. Dexter Kernich-Drew was also filling it up, tbough scored most of his points in the second quarter. The Tigers have very little offensive firepower after that.

Nobody really stood out for the coe team. Froling looks like he's willing to do some hard work, but on the whole they looked a bit disappointing

Reply #689430 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

So it looks like the NBA Academy guys, including Wigness played the following day against Diamond Valley.

Reply #689494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754