Zodiac
Years ago

Majok Deng NBA Tryouts

Majok Deng has been released by Mt Gambier to focus on NBA opportunities and has secured an invite to a free-agent mini-camp by an NBA team.

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/42119-nba-chance-for-majok-deng

With the way things are in the NBA these days it wouldn't really surprise me at all to see Deng get to the NBA if not this year maybe next year after another season of development.

Topic #43376 | Report this topic

From Mt. Gambier to the NBA. That's akin to picking someone up in the middle of the Bumbfuck Sahara Desert and becoming an NBA phenom.

Reply #689852 | Report this post

Could say the same thing about Craig going from gold coast rollers to nba

Reply #689858 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

He's quick, got good shooting technique, has a growing basketball IQ, getting better with his rim protection and I Expect to see him in the NBA before the next Olympics and he won't be the worst player in the league at all, hopefully he bulls up a bit too

Reply #689867 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Perhaps he'll turn up at the Bucks...people will just assume he is Thon Maker.

Reply #689874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reality, do you think before you speak? SMH

Reply #689877 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Yeah, because casual racism is really acceptable in 2018.

Reply #689881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To think, when I lived in SA Deng used to play some pick up games with us after he trained with Tucker, didn't think he'd get as good as he has, we used to beat him and his mates 9/10 times. They were good players, but never ever passed to each other, had a very limited knowledge at the time of team basketball. This was about 8 years ago though so he was still prob pretty raw.

Reply #689912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Deng was what? 22? 23 at the time? Cool.

I hope he makes it. He has the length and versatility, and from what I have seen a solid work ethic. Imagine if he re-upped with Ferguson in OKC.

Reply #689926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well web says he's 25 now, which would make him 17 back then I guess.

Reply #689929 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

25 wow interesting thought he was younger than that but then again who knows.

Reply #689935 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He's still young really given he played four years in college and now two years as a pro.

Reply #689940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is comparing Denk to Maker racist? PC has gone mad. They're pretty similar I would've thought.

Reply #690048 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754