Player
Years ago

Mornington Big V

As a player it is very frustrating and disheartening to cop a thrashing every week, wondering why the club will not act and do something to help the situation, I cannot not wait till seasons end so as to move on and I'm certainly not alone there.
The committee seems to have stuck its head in the sand and are not being proactive in doing something about it.
Westernport had a similar problem their committee realised it acted and rectified it.

Topic #43400 | Report this topic

Reality  
Years ago

Is this the same person who as been slagging the club off for the best part of this year in another thread?

Last I checked Mornington Women aren't even at the bottom of the ladder and piked u a win recently.

Poor thing such sour grapes is terrible hopefully you have other things in your life to focus on.

Reply #690352 | Report this post

Player  
Years ago

Reality you are obviously not part of a team unaware of the goings on in the teams, moral is terribly low.
And in answer to your question this is the first time i've posted and I actually love the club just very disappointed

Reply #690354 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

@player did you get benched? Not happy with the coaching? Sounds like your whinging and judging from the ladder your not even the worst team in the league/

Reality is perhaps your sooking about your personal situation not getting the attention and court time mummy promised.

Reply #690358 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Hey Player, I doubt you are actually a player but more likely one of the YL parents unhappy with the situation.

If you are actually a player I wouldn't want you on my team.

Reply #690368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone needs to take ownership of the culture......most behviour in the club context is learnt. Takes everyone to simply walk past an issue to say 'we accept that here'

Reply #690373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every team that is not winning at this stage of the season has morale issues. That's just the way it is

Reply #690374 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Losing is always bad for the culture!

Reply #690377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Player (and there is no way you are) should crawl back under the rock you crawled out of. The senior team is more than competitive, and the YL team is finally playing some U20 and U18 players. If this had happened 3 years ago the club woudn't be in this position.

And on the remote chance you are a player I'm tipping you've just played your last game!!

Reply #690385 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

Hey anonymous you obviously havent been around long 2 and 3 years ago yl were 90% all mornington juniors u/20..u/18 and even u/16 tell me whers ars all those players now in the womens program we have 2 or 3 mornington juniors

Reply #690392 | Report this post

FFS  
Years ago

Competitive??? If the competition is to put one foot in front of the other then yes they are competitive. Average losing margin for the women is 18 (won 2 games out of 10) and YL is 35 and won none. Women were a finals team last year, YL just missed on finals. Can anyone tell us why the vast majority of players in both teams left??? YL finally playing juniors you say, how many of the current teams are Mornington juniors, a lot less than last year?? The YL team was growing and getting stronger whilst also having junior players involved in the program. The issue now is that there are no juniors capable of playing at a high level (the good players have a tendency to leave the club).

Reply #690393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did this great YL womens team end up last year?
Anyone would think that they won the flag, lol

Reply #690419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread nows reads as if the whole Mornington board found out about hoops.com.au

Reply #690425 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

How have WP "Rectified" the problem Player ? Replacing the coach was a step, not the solution. You think removal of a coach (who was winning last year), will automatically fix everything down there ?
As a player, at what point do the players down there take any responsibility for the poor results ?

Reply #690444 | Report this post

Player  
Years ago

John i assume you were referring to mornington winning last year...last season they had a far superior list would you like to know why basically the entire team walked

Reply #690448 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

I was, yes.
And I'm not sure what your argument is.
Is it the bad results your team is having ? Or is it that too many of last years players left. Or both, the latter resulting in the former ?

If its that players are leaving because of the coach, I'm not sure what the reference to WP was, as many girls returned from last year. As for Mornington, I know a couple of players left because of him, but I believe a few have just stopped playing altogether for several different reasons.
If its regarding results, he got the results last year, the only thing that has changed is the playing group, so they just made not be good enough this season. You cant say that when a team wins its because of the players, and when they loses its because of the coach.

Reply #690454 | Report this post

Player  
Years ago

John you obviously havent got a clue why do you think they stopped playing
Why do you think they left most were being diplomatic with their reasons

Reply #690459 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Then why do you play there this season ?
And as a player, if you don't like losing, do something about it.

Reply #690460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Player you are just lying.no way you play at Mornington now. Most Players from last year who aren't back at the club aren’t playing anywhere. Except the one who went to WO bcs her hubby got sacked from the YL gig and also her BF!! Check the big V registrations.

No different than start of the season before when only 2-3 players retiurned.
By the way the YL team was nowhere near the finals last year.

Now "player" instead of whinging about losing perhaps find a court and start practising your free throws or ball handling! Players like you would be a cancer to any program - thatsbif you were a player!!

Reply #690462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually "Player" you were slagging our club 5 years ago in this forum as well.

Reply #690463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Player - have fun at training tomorrow night.

Reply #690464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Player so are you are part of the team or not? You sort of contradict yourself every second sentence.
John you make a hell of a lot of sense.

Reply #690467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The committee seems to have stuck its head in the sand and are not being proactive in doing something about it."

Except posting on here a lot as of late. See posts above, it's so obvious.

Reply #690471 | Report this post

Sounds like the same dickwad posting the "Franga are so hopeless" thread as well!

Reply #690473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, what's with that?
They are kicking goals on and off the court.
A model club, one that other associations should follow.

Reply #690484 | Report this post

FFS  
Years ago

Need to get some facts into this thread. YL, there are less juniors playing this year than last. Last years team was far and above a better team, average losing margin was 10 points, with 7 games decided by 10 points or under, that would indicate a competitive team at the very least. Of the 10 "senior" players in the women's team last year only 2 returned. There are no "Mornington" women in the women's team. The main point is that the program is on a spiral trend downwards and I doubt for one minute that the Lemmings in charge have even stopped to review the program or even consider what has gone wrong, no one is taking any responsibility or ownership. I will put the opportunity out there for someone off the COM to guarantee that the Mornington Big V program will be running next season. There will be very few senior women returning (if any) and the YL just doesn't have the calibre of players to make a go of it. As for coaches...if they had any sense they wouldn't return either (probably lock that one away as a given).

Reply #690485 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And in answer to your question this is the first time i've posted and I actually love the club just very disappointed
OP's post is from the same device and browser that posted a previous thread about "Mornington's downward spiral"...

Reply #690494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come to Casey. Way better there!

Reply #690515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The adam ballinger curse

Reply #690591 | Report this post

Hey "Player" congrats on last weeks win 82-51 against Coburg. That's 2 wind out of 4. Clearly as you said morale is low!! What a flog.

Reply #692036 | Report this post

Oh yeah I forgot to add Westernport (the club setting the standards by your thoughts) lost again !!!

Reply #692037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754