The bear
Years ago

Big v div 1 men

Does anyone know the result of the div 1 men's match from last Sunday between keysborough and western Port?
Result is still not up on big v website,pretty average,but,not unexpected

Topic #43409 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keysborough won 97-87, live stats

Reply #690604 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Thanks,they must of just put it up before my post.
Cheers

Reply #690623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched the Keysborough/Chelsea game Sat night.
Good players in both teams, good family atmosphere.
Chelsea should go close again.

Reply #690632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many teams in Div1 have zero imports, do they all have two imports?

Reply #690659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most have 1.
Shepparton have 2 which is why they are favourites to win.

Reply #690662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how many teams actually zero imports and rely mainly on home grown players?

Reply #690664 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

SCM
12 teams, 2 teams without imports

Div 1
13 teams, 2 without imports

Div 2
12 teams, 3 without imports

Reply #690668 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

^^^

Actually in D1M, only team without an import is Geelong.

(Shepparton & Latrobe have 2 each)

Reply #690671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which team other than Geelong do you think have zero imports Melb Boy?

Reply #690677 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Is Sunburys import situation different? Otherwise I stand corrected.

Reply #690679 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Sunbury have an import... Alexander

Reply #690680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, virtually every team in the BigV, other than YL has at least one import. I would think those would be teams that have the BigV as their flag ship and not a SEABL team. Would that be fair? That's probably why Geelong and other few don't have an import, they use the money elsewhere like SEABL.

Reply #690681 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

So it's 37 senior men's teams, 6 without imports.

10-15 years ago there were 6 teams with imports and that's including all divisions, how times change.

Reply #690682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which six? Is there any of those six that have SEABL as their top tier or are the other five only BigV clubs?

Reply #690683 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Again I'll stand corrected if someone is more informed with a club but...

SCM
Blackburn, Eltham

Div 1
Geelong

Div 2
Camberwell
Altona
Coburg (pending)

Reply #690685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Latrobe look like finishing the season without any imports, both are injured and heading home, in fact one has departed already.

Many cry about country associations having 2 imports (rules changed this year I know)but I am really worried about teams like Latrobe as it is looking like they wont be around next year.

Latrobe could barely win a game with 2 imports, were non competitive 2 weeks ago with just 1 on the floor and were worse this past weekend with zero on the floor.

Reply #690689 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Eltham in SCM have an import as well. Joshua Sykes so just Blackburn I reckon

Reply #690690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like only Geelong has the SEABL and BigV model then.

Reply #690691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Blackburn had a little guard import?

Reply #690696 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

So the list shrinks further, no import for 1 team in SCM, 1 team in Div 1, 3 teams in Div 2.

Reply #690706 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Chelsea just secured Mitch Riggs I saw, putting up ok numbers but if he takes over then its all over, Standerfer, Brasser & riggs too much for any team to handle

Reply #690721 | Report this post

Hillbilly Jim  
Years ago

Sherbrooke have no import in Div 2. Had one he lasted 2 rounds. Played 3 games fouled out twice including one game 5 fouls in 5 minutes.

Reply #690777 | Report this post

OldTimer  
Years ago

Usual standard of recruiting from the Suns.

Reply #690784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chelsea been whinging the most this year, dont matter who they pick up unless they get the ball passed to them.

Reply #690785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just on Latrobe, their competitiveness actually relies more on local players. They are non competitive now but won the Championship only a few seasons ago. They have had 2 imports as long as they have been around who mostly have been ok standard for this level. The season they won they had very good local talent who have nearly all moved on including a young Jack White currently playing for Duke Uni and led by Canovan who is playing a level above for Eltham.

Reply #690799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did I read the earlier posts correctly, Shepparton have two imports but everyone else is only allowed one? And they are on top of the ladder?

Reply #690924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

League office stuffed up and approved both Shepparton and Latrobe 2 imports as per the previous few seasons but didn't realise they had changed their rules at the AGM until it was too late.

All teams are allowed to apply for a 2nd restricted player in light of this error but must justify why they need a 2nd restricted player before approval is granted.

People get too hung up on imports, there are Aussie guys running around for some clubs who are more talented.

Reply #690933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shep have a few ex SEABL guys

Reply #690936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most clubs have them, some even stock up on College players or New Zealander's or even National level talent....

Reply #690938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Latrobe have released both their imports.

Reply #691052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was mentioned earlier in the week in this thread.

Reply #691054 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Chelsea, Standerfer 38.26, Brasser 38.36, Riggs 37.22 mins, the shock is Corey not playing the full 40 mins anymore! Must be injured!

Reply #691102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Chelsea gunning for SCM?

Reply #691177 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Do they have the currency to get a competitive team?

Reply #691237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

teams need to learn that it's a big jump from D1 to SCM. Just look at both Keilor and Blackburn

Reply #691256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The main difference is having the $$$ to spend & if their charter is to play locals or not.
I would rather see some clubs stay in Div 1 & have a pathway for their juniors.

Reply #691263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chelsea must be trying to get to SCM, they lose a couple of close games and then go out and add 2 College level players.

If they get to SCM level and Corey gets his citizenship then they can add 2 imports around him, but there wont be enough minutes to keep their young talent happy.

Reply #691294 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

With only six rounds to go, who will make the finals?

Ladder shows Melb Uni & Bulleen on 7 wins 6th and 7th then three teams on 6 wins, Venom, Geelong and Collingwood.

Is there a chance for any of these teams to break in, and is the final four - five going to remain as is?

Shepparton are solid as they come and too hard to crack at home.
Keysborough have been shakey lately but early runs on the board are keeping them up there.
Chelsea rely of imports like the Gators do, but I can't see them dropping out.
Warrnambool also have a solid list and their top tier hit clutch shots when they need to.

Can anyone provide a reason why any one of these four would drop lower than where they are now, I can't? They are the contenders from what I have seen this season, the others not so much...

Reply #691300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chelsea rely on imports?
They only have 1

Reply #691309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 horse race. Shep and Chelsea.

Chelsea would have them covered unless one of the 3 guys from Chelsea get hurt.

If Sobey comes back they may be a chance but even with Sobey they aren't at the level of Chelsea and Shep. Not much depth in that side.

Keysborough have run there race. I’d expect them to drop back to the pack as they are not actually that good and had a bit of luck early on.

I rate Bulleen better than both of those 2, and Western Port possibly better than at least Keysborough and a SOBEY LESS Warrnambool.

Reply #691310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone of the top 6-7 teams have the talent to win it but obviously home court will really advantage those teams who are lucky enough to secure it. Its only an advantage and not a given...

The most talented team right now because of their recent additions is Chelsea, followed by Keysborough and Shepparton.

Warrnambool get Sobey qualified and they can jump ahead of Keysy and Shepp and up onto the same level as Chelsea.

It really is a very even competition between the top 6-7 teams and those who say it is a 1 or 2 horse race either just dont know the teams well enough or are deflecting scrutiny or pressure from their own teams.

Reply #691322 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Should I have said Chelsea rely on their import and two others, my bad.......?

Maybe a two horse race right now, but every season in finals there is an upset, I don't think this year will be any different! I agree that with Sobey there is an 'X-Factor' in play for sure. Depth may be the key come finals, usually is, we will see...

Reply #691323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keysborough probably have the best depth in most positions, they will be very hard to contain.

Reply #691324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If by that you mean average players, well then yes.

Reply #691330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe not quite the superstar coverage but adequate coverage all the same.

Reply #691332 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

Chelsea won div 1 womens last year and instead of going upto the next level,which they would of been more than competitive,got rid of the better players and now struggling.
Why won't they do the same with the men’s side?

Really feel the cash is not there,and if it is
,why wasn’t 8t used on the women’s team.the6 were the standout team all season.

Reply #691374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All things revolve around 1 thing at Chelsea.....

Reply #691408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still got your beef with Chelsea Bear. Give it a rest.

Reply #691419 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Interesting, is that thing, human?
Is it a full time employee?
Please elaborate!

Reply #691427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chelsea win Div 1 women with a stacked team yet don't go up. Men on same path except the Coach is the CEO so he won’t get the flick. Crazy waste of $$.
Bear is on the money.
Let’s keep being a big fish in a little pond.

Reply #691447 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Anon #419 I have no idea where you're coming from, no beef with Chelsea or any other team, just trying to make my point from observations.

Happy to be corrected on facts, but not that concerned with anons who may have no idea of their own so if you have something constructive to add, please do!

Otherwise I suggest you could just read and enjoy other people's posts without making snide or uneducated comments...

Reply #691511 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Collingwood coach replaced by M Battle at Collingwood.

Is Michal a good coach?

Reply #703940 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

No

Reply #703974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael is a very good X & O's coach but his weakness is communication skills and the ability to manage relationships.

Reply #703991 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Does he struggle to build relationships with players or is he very much my way or the high way?

Reply #704032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My view is he struggles to build relationships.

Reply #704048 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Does he focus his energy on the top players and no one else?

Interesting.

Reply #704051 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754