JChicken
Years ago

James Harden - The Boy who cries Wolf?

Just watched games 7 of GSW vs HOU and thought the refs did a great job of not getting suckered into James Harden falling like a sack of potatoes every time someone breathed on him during his shot..

However in some of these cases i thought he was clearly fouled but not rewarded for solid contact on his shot. Do you think this is boy cried wolf scenario? ie refs know James falls so often on the slightest contact means they give the defence the benefit of the doubt?

Topic #43411 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how do you explain Eric Gordon getting mauled time after time or Durant getting helping hand pretty much all night?

Reply #690653 | Report this post

Game was rigged.

The NBA set the finals logo so that if you searched "when do the NBA Finals start?" It gave the date, time and the Cavs Vs Warriors finals logo.

Reply #690655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really? More info please.

Reply #690656 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I suppose the question here is whether a player deserves to get screwed by refs because he has a track record of trying to screw the defense with theatrical flopping/BS fouls.

If you're the refs, I think you have to make each call the way you see it, not pre-judging the credibility of a player. But then, I do think we need to stamp out BS behaviour by calling - even post game - fines/three-strike and you're suspended for a game rule.

Reply #690660 | Report this post

JChicken  
Years ago

Anonymous1 im not talking about eric Gordon or durant i am talking about James Harden.. i agree with you that gordon got robbed of some calls.

And i dont think you can rog the rockets making 1 of their final 30 3pt attempts and steph curry catching fire in the third..

For more info anonymous#2 im talking about hardens 3pt shot, where he has being falling on all series when defence closes out on him - surely you have seen i these playoffs? and asking if the refs being aware hes going to flop on every 3pt shot - contact or not - makes it harder for them to give him the right call when he actually does get properly fouled on a 3pt attempt.

Reply #690661 | Report this post

JChicken  
Years ago

Completely agree with you there KES

Reply #690663 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

You mean that same innocent close out which somehow you try and block a shot, leaving the floor after the offence but land under them quicker than they return to the floor.

It's dirty, it cost the Spurs their new legacy however GSW continue to think that body checking the airborn player is legit, innocent, I didn’t touch him defence

Reply #690667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live by the flop, die by the flop

Reply #690676 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754