FCF
Years ago

If you think the NBA is "rigged" read/watch this

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8mzetu/bad_officiating_calls_in_warriorsrockets_g7/

This should be the be all, end all of the "fixing" debate.

Topic #43412 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Nice!

Reply #690692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's not all of it. The NBA were happy to give Harden fouls before Game 7 because it suited them to go all the way in the series. Once the Rockets were not needed by the league those calls go away. So that's how they manipulate results. It isn't just via bad calls, but changing their interpretation and relaying this to the refs.

Reply #690694 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Look, I like a good conspiracy theory like the next bloke, especially where there is sound reasoning and some solid evidence to back up the theory. But, you just can't overlook the basic fact that the Rockets lived and died by the three ball, especially in that last quarter.

Then there is the Cav's, still getting through without Love, which balances out any suggestion that the Celtics were also under manned. You can't deny LeBron just willed his team home.

Yes, the NBA has had it's integrity challenged over the years and yes you can point to certain little episodes here and there today that may lead one to be suspicious, but to suggest the league actually manipulated these results isn't able to be substantiated IMHO...

Reply #690695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not like Houston is a small market. Why would the NBA not want the Rockets in the Finals?

Reply #690698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are still doing what they were doing pre-Donaghy exposing everything, nothing has changed. Note I am not saying Rockets lost because of it but they sure do make sure to manage results.

Reply #690699 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Lebron vs Warriors is a ratings bonanza.Houston should have led by 20 at the half which may have changed the course of the game, we'll never know.

Reply #690709 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Rockets vs Celtics is a ratings bonanza too. Hornets vs Kings might be questionable.

Reply #690715 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I was hoping for 76'ers v Jazz, maybe next year lol...

Reply #690716 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

+- suggest cavs are a better team in playoffs when love is on the bench

Reply #690726 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Most conspiracy theorists i know consume tons of drugs. Not saying they not good people but over think things & want there to be corruption & hidden cameras everywhere! If CP3 plays i reckon Houston probably win. U only have to watch the game to see there is no cheating - u can't get every 50/50 call. THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE - MOVE ALONG!!

Reply #690739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear, normally like reading your posts but no way Cavs not having Love balances out Celtics not having Kyrie/Hayward. Cavs won because Lebron is Top 3 player ever and Celtics best players were 1st and 2nd year players and threw up bricks when it mattered. . On this topic, Lebron got 3 calls in a row mid 4th quarter that we're contentious to be kind. It’s a very ordinarily reffed league,always has been

Reply #690741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tim Donaghy days hi

Reply #690768 | Report this post

NikoRustov79  
Years ago

Ridiculous to think the NBA would rather have x4, maybe 5 games of GSW V CLE - a narrative that everyone knows how is going to play out & is being met with very much a lack of public interest. The GSW won in 5 vs the Cavs WITH Kyrie. This won't be close.

Compared to selling a new story of Harden, Paul, Rockets vs LeBron...that would likely go more than any warriors series will... which means more tickets... which means more televised games .. which means more ad revenue.. which means more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply #690806 | Report this post

NikoRustov79  
Years ago

Ridiculous to think the NBA would rather have x4, maybe 5 games of GSW V CLE - a narrative that everyone knows how is going to play out & is being met with very much a lack of public interest. The GSW won in 5 vs the Cavs WITH Kyrie. This won't be close.

Compared to selling a new story of Harden, Paul, Rockets vs LeBron...that would likely go more than any warriors series will... which means more tickets... which means more televised games .. which means more ad revenue.. which means more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply #690807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct Niko but the general public sheep still think Warriors Cavs is more awesome (I know many of these sheep and their mindset), so NBA want to target the majority.

Also interesting stat:

This is the first time in North American Big4 history (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL) that two teams have faced each other four seasons in a row in the Finals. *YAWN*

Reply #690836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching the no calls on Warriors and the same called on Cavs the other end in Game 1 already and what happened to Rockets have to think there is an issue. And as the commentators eluded to the ref reviews of entire game reports not being transparent except last 2 minutes speaks volumes.
Seems too conincidental that these games are fast closed to equal points by half time. Any team that gets the lead by double digits mid 2nd half get the no calls and the fake and phantoms are piled on.

Boring game from Warriors with it fast turning to Green rubbish, faking fouls, and just hit Durant and Curry for the 3. Ruining the game. Respect for Cavs ball movement and D today and hitting the paint and making the game interesting. Even Klay is getting frustrated with his team. Really they would be stuffed without him and Livingston.

Reply #690942 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No finals thread so i'll comment here.

GSW look really disinterested. Like they don't realise this is the damn finals. Very casual and a bit careless. I suppose its that casualness which also makes them so good.

Anyone think Durant could be a lot better than what he already is (which is scary). I rarely see him not score or get FTs when he attacks the hoop..i mean a 7 foot player with finishing ability is terrifying. I dont understand why, as good as shooter as he is, he settles for those contested pullups. I think in comparision look at what LBJ has done over his career..always been superb at picking and choosing his shots to max efficiency. Durant could take a leaf and he wouldnt be as streaky with his offense (although acknowleding he is still no. 2 in the world)

Reply #690943 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Game over. 3 mins into the 3rd. This GSW team is amazing (as much as I hate them).

Ive never known a team who needs so few mins to win a game. When people say you have to play the full 48 mins against them they're really not joking!

Reply #690944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We complain about nbl referees, some of the crap calls in the nba are rubbishy. Cavaliers getting screwed.

Reply #690945 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Reffing hasnt been too bad and Im a Cavs fan.

Reply #690946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thinking a small implosion in the GSW with the smartest players sick of certain antics and lack of complete game and effort. Princess Warriors ! Not a Cavs supporter but would love them to take this series out on behalf of all the other teams and that includes Rockets and Celtics. Want to see it won on a game that is more than the treys. Then Klay should hop over to another team and stop being the babysitter to the Ego's and get the credit he deserves. Maybe back with his mini league baseball buddy Love and be shown some appreciation by the youth in his team.

Reply #690947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs doing their best to make sure gsw don't lose this one. Too obvious

Reply #690948 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

GSW will win this series but I think this might be the end or at least the 'tail' or close to it of the dynasty as crazy as that sounds.

Reply #690949 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"Game over. 3 mins into the 3rd. This GSW team is amazing (as much as I hate them)."

Cavs didn't get the memo

Reply #690950 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Duke Fan. It didnt happen. Cavs defence stood up. Great effort.

Reply #690951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corrupt officials at it again. Warriors are the darlings of the nba so they must win

Reply #690952 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

If you're talking about the reviewed and changed block/charge call on Lebron, they absolutely ended up with the right call. No way in any universe ever was that a charge

Reply #690953 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I dont have audio (at a pub) so couldnt hear re: change of call on the charge.

But it looked like they called a charge so how can they then review and reverse the entire call. I thought reviews were for limited purposes not to substantively get an opportunity to review the whole play again.

Can they start doing this anytime now?

Reply #690954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jr smith is a dumbass thug.

Reply #690955 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Macdub if you see the angle from the baseline camera, the trail ref was signalling a block, the one on the baseline was (theatrically as usual) calling charge.
Not sure of what they can & can't check but they ended up with the right call

Reply #690956 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Don't think NBA games are necessarily rigged to be bias to a team.

But without a doubt NBA refs and especially in this series (to cover the guality gap) are rigging to make sure they have a close game.

Reply #690958 | Report this post

Tired of GSW  
Years ago

GAW just represent that group at school that were smart arse spoilt brats gifted with natural talent but showed no respect to anyone else who worked hard despite how tough it was. Le Bron is that kid that took them on and took the rest of the kids under his wing and helped them however he could and made them feel a hole lot better about themselves by just being their mate. Lue is that teacher that a movie is made about because he connects with lost kids and Kerr the enabler of the brats in class to disrupt everyones opportunity. DGreen needs to don some lycra and join the WFF. The one who is always at the centre off something and everyone around him suffers the consequences. GSW way too cocky and Durant is the kid who is on the wrong side and one day will realise his values actually don't fit with the cool group afterall.

Reply #690959 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

You pitching that to Disney to make a movie?

Reply #690964 | Report this post

Tired of GSW  
Years ago

Sounds like a plan Duke. Really doslike players like Green and Stephenson. Remind me of Bif in Back to the future LOL

Reply #690965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rockets were screwed by the refs and now it's the Cavs turn. The Warriors are to cute and cuddly and a huge cash cow for the nba

Reply #690966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant believe the NBA rigged it so JR Smith forgot to shoot the ball!

Reply #690967 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

But it looked like they called a charge so how can they then review and reverse the entire call. I thought reviews were for limited purposes not to substantively get an opportunity to review the whole play again.

Can they start doing this anytime now?
Official NBA refs response:
Clarity on blk/charge review: The trigger is that if in the last 2 minutes of the 4th or overtime officials have doubt whether the defender was in the restricted area. While reviewing, they may also confirm if the defender was in legal guarding position when the contact occurred.

Reply #690977 | Report this post

Tired of GSW  
Years ago

Cute and ugly more like it. They resort to lettig the leash off Green and fakers and dodgy refs when the chips are down. Felt like dejavu Rockets games under the basket. And the restricted area clarification line was not brought by anyone except GSW fana and NBA Admin who make a load of money of them. That was ridiculous, well outside the circle.

Reply #690992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjcXJKahOhI/?r=wa1

Reply #691028 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

TiredofGSW

That's a really detailed analogy.

Either:
Good to see you using the boards as narrative therapy to work through your high school traumas; or

You’ve got a great imagination or empathy.

I never thought of myself as Lebron, but I did stick up for a few odd kids that got picked on.

Reply #691067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754