Chris Goulding
Nick Kay
Daniel Kickert
Kevin Lisch
Mitch McCarron
Thon Maker
Nathan Sobey
Jesse Wagstaff
http://basketball.net.au/boomers-add-nba-pedigree-ahead-of-fiba-wc-qualifiers-third-window/

I thought Motum and Bairstow expressed interest in this series?

A bit disappointing to see that they won't be there.

Is this series live on Fox Sports?

Topic #43420 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're disappointed that Bairstow won’t play? Are you serious? Been out of action for a long time and you want him to slot straight into international basketball?

You’re not happy with both Delly and Thon? Wow SMH

Reply #690891 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

No hate at all mate.

It's great that Thon and Delly will be playing.

I just thought that I read somewhere that Cam wanted to play in this series.

Perhaps I'm wrong

Reply #690893 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Shame BA did not request to play their home games in this window so Aussie fans could see their returning NBA / Euro stars play at home.

Reply #690896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC two home games were in February so that no travel was required between the NBL last round and playoffs. The right move.

Reply #690897 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I get that. But it is a massive marketing opportunity lost IMO.

Reply #690898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you know they didn't request to play games at home? Not all requests have to be met.

Reply #690925 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Disappointing that we won't be able to see this next level team play in person, but it looks like I'm holding onto my Fox Sports subscription for a little while longer in case these games are televised...

Reply #690927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've been advertising it on Fox however no date or time has been said.

Reply #690928 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Fox Sports are broadcasting the games.

A source(!) at FIBA told me that BA did not make any request for games to be played at home during the June/July window.

Reply #690960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly
Goulding
Cameron gliddon
Maker
Brandt

I would prefer Maker start at PF offiveley and C on the defence.

sorry for bad spelling

Reply #690961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why isn't Bogut playing?

Reply #690963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"A source(!) at FIBA told me that BA did not make any request for games to be played at home during the June/July window."

Because they used up their home games to avoid traveling during the end of the NBL regular season.

Reply #690972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are all talking like you know everything, but you dont know anything at all. I have a source that tells me the draw of games was undertaken randomly in a pull the names out of a hat.

BA did not request home game sin February because of NBL finals, thats just how the draw happened. BA were as unhappy as the fans currently are when they were picked out as number 3 in the pool which meant they had two away games in June.

LC maybe you should "Pick and roll" another source, because your current person is telling you lies.

Reply #690980 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

What are the current rules on Naturalised Players? Is it still only one? Are there any age-based exemptions?

Otherwise I'd assume we can't have Lisch and Maker?

Reply #690984 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

http://fiba.com/internal-regulations/book3/players-and-officials.pdf

21. a. A national team participating in a Competition of FIBA may have only one player on its team who has acquired the legal nationality of that country by naturalisation or by any other means after having reached the age of sixteen (16).

Reply #690986 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Oh God, so now people are going to start the whole "Maker is really 30 years old" thing again.

I don't know, but would think its a strong possibility he received naturalisation before turning 16, so would be ok.

Reply #690987 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

PS: Thanks for posting the information Koberulz

Reply #690988 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Thon looks around the age he claims to be to be honest.

Reply #691036 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Genuinely interested in these matches and look forward to watching Maker play.
Im not sure he will start despite being an NBA player, he hasn't played at this level and might be eased in off the bench but will see enough minutes at 5 and 4 spots.

Reply #691038 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The draw was random as you say. However the fixturing was not. Countries had a chance to request to play home games during certain windows (whether granted or not).

The fixture worked with the NBL finals - agreed.

Australia did not request the June/July window to be at home which is what I stated.

Reply #691044 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

AD - there's a youtube video claiming to show Maker's Australian Citizenship Certificate, dated 25/2/2007, when Maker would have been 9 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxhMjiqgBa4

Reply #691048 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Thanks Kobester for the official ruling.

It's obvious and meets principles of natural justice that a kid moving to another country should be treated as though they were born in that country.

There’s been a few posts here lately suggesting that Sudanese-Australians who’ve grown up here should be restricted in some way/s.

Reply #691069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For next match.

Japan bring in...

Schafer 6'8 (Georgia Tech)
Hachimura 6'8 (Gonzaga) high draft prospect
Watanabe 6'9 (George Eashington) second round draft prospect
Fazekas 6'11 (naturalised center)

Reply #692719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754