Isaac
Years ago

Olgun: Illawarra to sign Jordair Jett

I'm told by a few sources up north that Jordair Jett is also signing with the Illawarra Hawks.
For those who can't remember, Jett was that import with the dreads who played for Townsville. Polled top ten in the MVP year won by Lisch in 2015/16.

Topic #43433 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Averaging 18.5pts 6 rebs and 4 assists in QBL at the moment.

Reply #691194 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Ogilvy/Anderson
Import/Ellis
Blanch/Coneraad
Rotnei/Jett
White/Naar

Provided they have the scope to sign a stud athletic import big, the rotation actually looks pretty good. White will play his usual 4 mins at the start of the 1st and 3rd to set the tone and take some heat off Naar, Jett gives them a spark plug off the bench, and they have nice versatility in the 4/5 spots.

Reply #691195 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Would Rhys Martin still be in the mix for 11th spot?

Reply #691200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can four point guard work to gather?

Reply #691217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin?

Reply #691228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely he'd be playing for minimum. IMO he was out of shape, albeit last time I saw him was with the Crocs.
They could do better I would have thought.

Reply #691246 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Although he's currently playing in the QBL I think he would be able to get more than the minimum that's usually reserved for SEABL level imports. In the NBL Jett was the Crocs team MVP in 2016 and averaged 15, 4 & 3.

Reply #691249 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Very solid pickup. Very. Solid.

Reply #691254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he'll lead the starters until Naar finds feet then he is a solid backup.

6th man of the year?

He also stated he's given up the junk food and soft drink he would regularly consume.

Reply #691265 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Not so solid

Reply #691270 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Solid, let's call it as it was, he was the fattest guard in the history of the NBL and if there are any challengers then I'd like to know, despite his weight, he still easily got to the basket so could work well with spacers like Rotnei, Blanchfield, Coenraad, Ellis and even Ogilvy made a couple of 3s last year... it could be worse but I think they will have a team that if they click could beat anyone... I just hope that the fans turn up this year

Reply #691462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Rotnei is to return it better not be big money after the crap he hurled out last season

Reply #691506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rotnei won't be back.

Reply #691523 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Rotnei was one of my favourite players to watch back in 2014, but his second stint has been a pretty big disappointment.

Reply #691535 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Agreed he had that cold blooded gunner mentality knocked out of him the two years he spent in Europe and came back a different player. Unless he was willing to take a pay cut on what he was on these last two years if I were the Hawks I would move on too.

Reply #691542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rotnei's first year back was excellent, huge part in them making the GF. This past season he started well but had a real cold streak, which you can't afford to do when you don't give much at the other end.

Jett is a jet when he's fit, the second half of his season in Townsville he was very tough to stop. If the Hawks do sign him they need to have weight clauses in his contract!

Reply #691545 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Jett is most definitely in better shape than his last stint here.
He'll be cheaper than Rotnei,but is he up to NBL 18/19 standard?

Reply #691683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People seem to forget Jett was overweight as he had a full year off from his last season of college and his first season of NBL.

Reply #691685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754