Anonymous
Years ago

If World Cup was now who would you pick?

My 12

Simmons 1,3,4
Mills. 2,1
Ingles 3
Maker 4/5
Baynes 5

Dellavedova 1
Exum 1,2
Broekhoff 3/2
Creek 3
Bolden 4
Motum 4
Bogut 5

Topic #43473 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Off the top of my head

Dellavedova, Exum, Mills, Broekhoff, Ingles, Simmons, Bolden, Maker, Baynes, Bogut certainities for me

Potentially
Lisch, Goulding, Creek, Motum, Mathiang are others who could - Bairstow would be in the mix if healthy depending on balance

Reply #692112 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I think I agree

Simmons / Delly
Mills / Exum
Ingles / Broekhoff / Creek
Maker / Motum / Bolden
Baynes / Bogut

Who do we have a centre once Bogut retires?

Reply #692116 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Hopefully by 2023/24 Mathiang, Lual Acil or Landale have stepped up.

Reply #692119 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I like the line up Andrew chose if we're talking about who the best players are at each position but I have no doubt Lemanis will pick a player or two that will make you scratch your head, or he'll omit someone without any reasonable explanation.

Reply #692130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

simmons
exum
bolden
maker
baynes

acuil
mills
delly
ingles
matur maker
adel
bogut

Reply #692131 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

The 4 spot is an interesting one. So far from the lineups stated above, it is Maker taking that starting spot, with Motum and Bolden as other options. I wonder if Bolden has the potential as a starting 4 option. Bolden has stated he wishes to be a 3, but he seems to be suitably placed in as a 4. We also possibly lack depth at the 4, since some 4s will need to play 5 as we also might not have depth at the 5. Maker's defense is looking alright at either 4 or 5, he can play stretch 4 as Lemanis would like, but his rebounding appears to be poor. From what I have seen, Bolden is an impressively versatile talent. I haven't seen him play enough to rate him with confidence, but he appears to have a decent perimeter shot, looks to be a good passer for his size, and he can rebound (5.5rpg in 21mpg for Maccabi is quite good).

If the World Cup was now, I think we'd still have to choose Bogut as starting 5, and Baynes takes on the starting 4 with the added benefit of being newly inducted into the stretch 4 category.

One year out of the WC, Bolden is yet to play in the green and gold; does Bolden have the ability to make a quick leap into an important role in the Boomers team without any prior Boomers experience? Mills and Bogut both did it, and excelled, but at that time there was little competition at those spots.

Reply #692137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could we not start with something like Simmons, Mills, Broekhoff, Ingles, bogut on offence and then let Simmons guard the 4 on defence with the others sliding down a position?

Reply #692146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum and Bolden, what have they done lately. Could maybe put Maker in that group but just his size could be telling. Would have to put Creek in there just to see him stand up to America. Bogut just in terms of experience.
Goulding and Lisch are sad indictments if being considered, rather give it to young kid to blood him. Might as well give Gibson another run.

Reply #692147 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Anon, interesting idea of playing Simmons at the 4 defensively. He'd be unlikely to guard the opposing point guard, anyway. Look at his defensive assignments with the 76ers.

Reply #692153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First pick would be Brett Brown, get rid of Lemanis he is going to cost us a medal

Reply #692162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes
Simmons
Broekhoff
Ingles
Dellavedova

Bogut
Bolden
Creek
Mills
Lisch
Mathiang or Maker
Exum

Reply #692166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills / Dellavedova
Simmons / Exum / Lisch
Ingles / Broekhoff
Bolden / Maker / Motum
Baynes / Bogut

Reply #692171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons/Dellavedova
Mills/Exum/Goulding
Ingles/Broekhoff
Bolden/Maker/Motum
Baynes/Bogut

Reserves
Lisch
Creek
Mathiang

Reply #692175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"First pick would be Brett Brown, get rid of Lemanis he is going to cost us a medal"

Get rid of Lemanis yes by all means, but not for Brown.

Everyone seems to forget how he underacheived as an NBL coach. Also in the playoffs he got found out and actually lost a couple of games himself vs. Celtics due to poor coaching. Just because he is an NBA coach doesn't mean he is that good.

Reply #692179 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

I'm going small ball with 3 & D starters as my team is being built around Simmons.

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Broekhoff
Baynes

Res:
Delly, McDowell-white
Exum
Adel
Maker, Motum
Bolden

Reply #692195 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Thinking of next year (I know its not the thread, but its the one we eventually have to decide on) I think a lot of the line up is pretty easy to pick.

I'd like to see Simmons take the 4 spot defensively, giving us three shooters to start a game (Ingles, Broekhoff and either Delly or Mills). Bogut, Maker and Exum the other locks, leaving 3 spots in play for (probably) one guard/wing, and 2 bigs: Creek, Goulding, Lisch, Motum, Bairstow, Mathiang, Bolden.

Centre is probably our worst position in terms of depth (particularly if Bogut has health issues), meaning one of the usual second string guys may get a look in: Brandt, Jawai, Kickert, Johnson.

Reply #692200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's on now... well Thursday.

Reply #692201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Locks are - (10) players

Name - Primary/Secondary position

Mills 2/1
Delly 1/2
Exum 1/2
Ingles 3/2
Broekhoff 3/2
Simmons 1/4
Bolden 4/5
Maker 5/4
Baynes 5
Bogut 5

Only 2 spots available for

Goulding 2
Creek 3
Adel 3
Cooks 3/4
Bairstow 4
Motum 4
Mathiang 5

Reply #692204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons will play the 4 and handle the ball, mark my words...

There's no way delly doesn’t start...

Reply #692205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many crack smokers in this thread, Broekoff isn't starting over delly or mills!

Reply #692207 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Simmons
Mills
Bogut
Baynes
Ingles

Delly
Exum
Maker
Bolden
Broekhoff

Mathiang
Landale

Reply #692211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754