Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Round 14

Southern vs Centrals
The show keeps on rolling for the Tigers with their "big 4" again leading the way. Centrals put up a ton last week but couldn't get over South. Managed to keep the game close with Southern last time and will again.

Southern by 11.

West vs Eastern
Bearcats has a tough win over North last week to keep on track for a top 3 spot. Mavs are coming off an embarrassing loss to Forestville and will be fighting to endure it doesn’t allow its season to fall apart. Despite being close the last time these two played I think West will be smarter this time around.

West by 23

North vs Sturt
An interesting battle with neither team in winning form. Sturt have been struggling to find scores and managed only 51 in a big loss to Nortg earlier. It’ll be closer this time but I’m expecting Starling to have his way after some down games.

North by 8

Forestville vs Woodville
The battle of Wayville! Teys showing he’s a class above the league with 41 last week while an under manned Warriors side fell to Southern. I expect the Eagles to have too much in this one.

Forestville by 14

Norwood vs South
After putting up some big numbers in recent weeks Noreood were well held last week without Lycett. The panthers put on a show at Starplex but Norwood are a step up especially with Hulland playing. McGriff curiously struggled last week after some big games recently.

Norwood by 7

Topic #43508 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers aren't lucky anymore?

Mavs not getting respect for taking it to west last time? (Don’t blame you, West by 100++)

Hoping for a north solidifying win to get some form back

Teys should get 40 a game, won’t against Woodville but will get up

Norwood by 30 with the score being 60-90 with Davis numbers being 58pts, 0 rbs, 0 assists, 1 steal

North is my game of the week. They need to pull their finger out towards the pointy end if they don’t want to repeat last year

Reply #693116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the Tigers did happen to play Woodville with only one import but I don't think it would have made a huge difference in that game.

Reply #693121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs men and South women should face the "back in the day relegation challenge" with Western Magic, Flinders or USA!

Reply #693137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McGriff struggled because he was
Moved to the 3 spot so hulland could start in the 4/5 with Bridge

Scored back to back 40s in the 4 not the 3

Reply #693192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloody hell who would have thought Centrals would push Southern

Reply #693207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McGriff with 25/17/6, back to his best
South had someone score 45, but it wasn't Davis
Another 35 for Teys
Fair to say after another low scoring game from Starling teams have him figured out, didn’t stop him grabbing another double digit rebound total

Rockets women go 14-0
Eagles keep woodville to 9 in the second half
South manage to keep their 14th loss respectable, only going down by 33

Reply #693208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals been pushing a lot of teams, just young. Good things happening out there under coach Simpson. Looking at results just southerns imports were difference.

Reply #693213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The people claiming early that Wise is a top shelf import were 100% kidding themselves. He's a chucker and the only thing worse than his defense is his body language. West went at him and he fouled out and sooked to the end of the bench.

Reply #693225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who have Centrals been pushing? Credit to them, they beat North, but in the last 9 games have lost to teams they should be snagging wins over in Sturt (-10), Woodville (-9), and South (-7). They barely beat Mavs (6), and have lost somewhat convincingly to Forestville (-16) and West (-15), and thrashed by Norwood (-34).

I've watched the game from the weekend, and Southern were out of sorts. Seemed like it had very little to do with Centrals directly, other than playing scrappy.

Realistically, Centrals may not win another game to finish the season. Jimmer is a bright spot and they have several talented players coming through the ranks (no, the coach's son is not one of them), but let's keep it real.

Reply #693399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you're probably under selling their performance on the weekend. Centrals hung with a very tough southern side for longer than almost anyone this season.

Reply #693405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Up against south till choked in last quarter, up against forestville at half, had a bad 5 minute patch against west,pushed Norwood in first encounter till last quarter and numerous injuries vs Norwood in second game of double header. Look it up on webcast, flick on most Saturday nights if I'm not at game and are surprised with where they're at with what they've got. Overwhelmingly picked to be winless but compete nearly every week. Couple of their 18s step up next year and a recruit or 2 wanting an opportunity and wouldn't be surprised if they pushing for 5.

Reply #693420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I think you're probably under selling their performance on the weekend. Centrals hung with a very tough southern side for longer than almost anyone this season."

You're describing the score, I'm describing how the game actually unfolded. Southern were jumping at non-shooters, allowing Centrals players to cherry-pick layups, bobbling passes inside that would normally lead to highlight dunks, questionable shot selection. All things they can control and are normally on top of - just not on Saturday.

"Up against south till choked in last quarter, up against forestville at half, had a bad 5 minute patch against west,pushed Norwood in first encounter till last quarter and numerous injuries vs Norwood in second game of double header."

So they competed for significant stretches, then had a couple of lapses and that cost them. That or injuries were a factor. You're basically describing every team.

"Overwhelmingly picked to be winless but compete nearly every week."

Nope. That would be Mavs (minus competing "every" week).

Reply #693423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern are obviously overwhelming favourites to be in the grand final. Who do you think will be the other team to make it to the gf?

Reply #693429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Favourites maybe but not overwhelming. I think 3 teams could beat them.

Reply #693431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was to MAKE the gf, not win it. They are very beatable.

Reply #693437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep - they could be bounced in straight sets.

Reply #693438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suppose keeping brine to 3 of 18 and John's 1 of 6 and stopping their influence wasn't a factor. Just another feral southern fan making excuses for his team that'll choke in finals again. Why did they jump at non shooters or allow layups, pretty dumb statement trying to justify how good your team is when they make basic mistakes.

Reply #693439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern fan here and I thought Centrals played as well as anyone has in any game I've seen this season. Took Southern’s imports to get them out of the hole and fortunately they were good enough for this week but finals will be interesting.

Reply #693442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice assumptions: not a Southern fan at all, just don't think Centrals played THAT well. Certainly not enough to hype them up so much. Brine was one of the players that had questionable shot selection. Southern would have had a scout for certain players and didn't follow it. Similarly, they failed to get back in transition when they normally would. These aren't dumb statements just because you lack the capacity to understand them.

Reply #693454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the centrals/southern game also. Central's played decent and southern’s Performance was influenced by both sides. Wasn’t just "southern sucked". Southern must’ve had the weekend “off” last weekend. Brine was definitely out of form offensively, talk in the stands was he’s been pretty sick for almost 2 weeks. Hopefully they can jump back next weekend against south.

Reply #693484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, that's a fair assessment. I wasn't aware that Brine had been sick, but it explains some of his performance on Saturday.

Reply #693493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:28 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754