Isaac
Years ago

2018 NBA Draft

1 Ayton
2 Bagley
3 Doncic (picking for Mavs)

Are the Kings going to regret passing on Doncic?!

Topic #43510 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think so as will Atlanta.

Reply #693127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think almost everyone will regret passing on Doncic. 5 years from now, one, maybe two of the bigs, will be borderline all-stars. But I reckon it's a crapshoot as to who that will be. They all have such significant questions, and teams are really just guessing at who can answer them the right way.

Reply #693128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng Adel's scouting report was pictured sitting on top of a pile at lakers HQ. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just in alphabetical order though.

Reply #693129 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

People who pass on Doncic will have sleepless nights for the rest of their life regretting it.

Reply #693133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If history serves, Sacramento and Atlanta saved Doncic's career by trading him, anyone that goes to them are doomed. Trae Young to be biggest bust. And Porter dropping to Nuggets may make up for dealing Donovan last year. Pity San Antonio couldn't trade up a few spots to take him then cash in with Leonard.

Reply #693139 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Such a typical Kings move! Big stuff up. Why in the world they got ANOTHER big makes no sense - putting aside the blatant fact they passed on Doncic.

Reply #693140 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

I don't think picking Bagley is a stuff up by the Kings. Give him a few years plus a few extra kgs and he will be a legit nba player. Got to remember he has only played 1 season in college where he proved himself in one of the toughest conferences.

Reply #693141 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I highly doubt Doncic would've played for either Sacramento or Atlanta. Would not be surprised if he said thanks but no thanks to both of them.

Dallas is THE perfect fit for him and I'm sure for years to come people will question why the Kings and Hawks didn't pick him. I'd bank on above being the reason.

Reply #693142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there more first round picks this year than last, my memory is bad and I don't know that much about the draft but I thought last year pick 22 was last first round pick.

Reply #693145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol

Reply #693146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ you are correct, you dont know much about the draft, there has been 30 picks in 1st round for quiet some time

Reply #693147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are many aspects to this.

Apparently Doncic's team indicated to the dud teams if you pick him he will stay in Europe.

Otherwise he would've gone #1.

Reply #693148 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Pick number 3 goes to Doncic's mum..... I mean Luka Doncic.

Reply #693149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol wow @ 22 comment

Reply #693150 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

No luck for the Aussies today but I would guess Landale, Adel, Lual-Acil, Cooks etc are getting Summer League invites

Reply #693156 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Doncic supposedly threatened to stay in Europe if the Kings drafted him.

Reply #693160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I already said that in post #693148.

Reply #693162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ayton and Bagley both look like good prospects to me, but in today's NBA do you need anything more inside than a Capela type who rebounds and dunks off pick and rolls? On that basis alone Doncic is who I would have taken #1 (without knowing if the rumours about him forcing his way to Dallas are true).

Reply #693164 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Lets not forget that Bagley re-classified and could have easily still been in high school.

It is all about how the player fits the team. I don't think you could have gone wrong with either Bagley or Ayton.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Sexton or Knox to have great rookie seasons and upstage the players above them.

I think the biggest ? would be on Doncic and how he adapts to the different style of the NBA. There have been a lot of Euro players with big raps before him that haven't panned out as expected.

Time will tell...

Reply #693166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Biggest ? for me is Trae Young, especially going to Hawks. Other teams are going to focus on him. Curry had Monta Ellis that took the spotlight before he became used to things. Hence he'll be taking and forcing a lot of shots. Worth a shot later in lottery but giving up Doncic, even though he may not have come immediately, can come back to haunt them. If he stayed in Europe they could tank for another year and either he comes or they trade his rights.

Reply #693170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor form from Doncic if he was picky about going to a particular team.
Reminds me of Steve Francis not wanting to go to Vancouver and forcing a trade to Houston.

Hope that guys like Ayton and Bagley stick with teams that drafted them but more than likely they will bolt when rookie contract expires.

Reply #693171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doncic coming off of a Eurobasket/Euroleague double, Spanish league and cup double AND 3 MVP titles.

Turned 19 in February.

Titles and awards in Europe with club:

EuroLeague champion (2018)
EuroLeague Final Four MVP (2018)
EuroLeague MVP (2018)
All-EuroLeague First Team (2018)
2× EuroLeague Rising Star (2017, 2018)

Titles and awards in Europe with country:

EuroBasket champion (2018)

Titles and awards in Spain:

3× Liga ACB champion (2015, 2016, 2018)
Liga ACB MVP (2018)
All-Liga ACB First Team (2018)
2× ACB Best Young Player (2017, 2018)
3× ACB All-Young Players Team (2016-2018)
2× Spanish King's Cup winner (2016, 2017)

Wow.

At 19! :o

The only personal award he missed out on was the ACB Finals MVP if you want to be critical.

Reply #693172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a Duke fan and was hoping Bagley would drop a) to a better team and b) so expectations were lower. His motor is incredible but Duke went zone last season pretty much because the kid had no idea how to play D. His 3-pt and FT numbers are also awfully similar to Justise Winslow's but on an even smaller number of 3PA. So I'd be surprised if he's a legit NBA 3-pt shooter. His floor is probably Kenneth Faried but that's pretty low for a #2 pick. And Sacramento isn't a good place to learn anything, so while I'm hoping he figures it out and justifies the pick, I'm not holding my breath.

Phoenix should have taken Doncic - Sacramento might have an 'out' as to why they passed but he would have played for Phoenix so they have no excused.

Reply #693180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doncic's mother is a very attractive woman.

Reply #693181 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'll go against the grain and say that Philly did the right thing trading for Zhaire Smith

Reply #693186 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Duke went very close to having their starting 5 drafted, which I believe has only ever happened once before (Kentucky I think). Duval got signed later by Houston so they almost did it

Reply #693196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kentucky's starting five and their sixth man were all drafted in 2012 if I remember correctly. Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Terrence Jones, Doron Lamb and Marquis Teague in the first round with Darius Miller going in the second. Incredible team that won the national championship.

Reply #693277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754