EC
Years ago

Adelaide beaten in Townsville

Crocs 57 - Sixers 53.
Individual player scores total 55 for the Sixers. I feel a case a deja vu coming on.

(Mod: Made this the official game thread even though it starts off halfway through the game and talks about the scoreboard. Also edited the date to get it some more attention.)

Topic #4352 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

hopefully we run them over and we dont need to worry. Farley has been well held. Dusty no rebounds?

Reply #50482 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Robertson and Calvary on 4 fouls one minute into third qtr.

Robertson scored 17 on Maher I presume in the first half! Maher 21 at half-time.

Reply #50484 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

And Rillie yet to score at the half!

Reply #50485 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

ah that score is not looking good!

Reply #50487 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Maher shut down in the 3rd qtr - only 2 points

Robertson having a great game and by the sounds of it Maher is defending him ouch!

Reply #50489 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

108 to 100 final

Reply #50491 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Townsville win.

Reply #50492 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

shame, well its not that bad after the break. No production from cooper though. Will be hard next against the tiapans, hopefully they can split the double.

Reply #50493 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Individual scores total 103.

Reply #50494 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Hahaha NBL scoreboard in fine form again.

Well I got the 108 to 100 score off the radio which should be correct.

Reply #50495 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I dont know how Townsville do it, but just to educate you on how the scoreboard is done from Adelaide.

As those who have gone to a game are aware, there are 4 people who sit on the stats bench. One of those people is on the back up computer, whos info downloads into the NBL's scoreboard system.

Obviously stats can be wrong, until they are chgecked at half time against the score sheet. But to have where individual players adds up to more than the team total seems weird

Reply #50499 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

An unfortunate loss, but I did tip Townsville, so that's some consolation.

According to Boti's report, Dusty got his first rebound in the third quarter so the Crocs must have really targetted him. Coops went out at one stage with an eye injury and didn't get back into the game.

Maher's 16 points in the 2nd included four threes. Good to see Holmes get back into the action, with 12 points in the second half en route to an 18 and 10 double. Looks like Smyth adjusted the minutes to get more time for Holmes and Forman, and Rees picked up Cooper's spare minutes. One board in 18 minutes -- come on Reesy!

Dusty may have only played 27 minutes because he wasn't getting boards? Not sure.

The first thing I thought when I saw the stats was -- Robertson, again! He beat us in Adelaide last year, and he's done it again, though most of his points came in the first half.

Somewhere I implied that Newley was too one-dimensional to outrank some other small-forwards in the league, so he responds with 11 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists. Oops!

Not too many turnovers in the game, Adelaide with 10 all up (including 4 from Holmes).

Reply #50536 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Read Coop's blog on the sixers site and he says the danger going in to the Tville game will be robertson and lowery.(?)

He says that if the sixers can keep them under a combined 20 points the sixers will win.

Quite the Nostradamus.

Reply #50537 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754