RJ
Years ago

Funny 2005 Junior Girls Prelims

12 Girls 1:
10:30 Pasa 3 Forestville V Southern
Once again faith in the Eagles burns me. Despite a strong start a 4-11 4th quarter meant the Eagles had to double up this weekend and Sturt go straight to the Final. Southern turned a 10-8 halftime lead into a 37-10 win. (As predicted right here by myself, I think I WILL show off in those few situations that I actually can!) Unfortunately I still think the Eagles are one step up from the Tigers and should comfortably win this one.

14 Girls 1:
13:30 DHD 2 North V Forestville
Well while I did tip the Sabres to get up I certainly didn't expect them to do it in the way they did. A very dominant display from a very focussed group put them into the final and puts the Rockets into this Prelim v Forestville. Despite their hard work the Tigers just didn't have enough and the Eagles got by with a 12 point win 48-36. This one will be tough, two big athletic teams with two experienced coaches in charge. I don't think North will back up Friday's game with another below par performance and should bounce back with a close win.

16 Girls 1:
13:45 DHD 1 North V West
Well they finally did it. My girls! I'm so proud of you. All that faith and you guys didn't disapoint. The Flames will enjoy the break Sunday while North will have to get over the Bearcats for a return bout. While North would be clear favorites, West have proven all year they can be hard to get by but I'm sticking with the Rockets to get the win here.

18 Girls 1:
13:45 DHD 3 North V Norwood
The Eagles furthered a tough night for the North Basketball Club with a comfortably win last night. Both teams missing key people and not at at their best but the Eagles managed to come through with the goods. In the other game the rampaging Flames knocked off the Mavs by 3 to surprise everyone ... again. I just can't bring myself to tip them here, even without Kaminski the Rockets will be too tough and end the Flames run.

21 Women 1:
11:15 Port 1 West V Sturt
As expected the Flames completely overpowered West in a very dominant display last night. The Bearcats will have to again beat the Sabres to make the Final after Sturt got by the Eagles (and Quiet One who's gone very ummm quiet) pretty comfortably. Despite last week's result I'm sticking with the Sabres to get to the Grand Final with a win Sunday.

Topic #4356 | Report this topic

Quiet one  
Years ago

RJ- Eat me! No opening chocolates for you again. ;)

Reply #50558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west 16 div i girls won by 17 over north
norwood v west grandfinal

Reply #50666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry rj , your team is out in div 1 girls ( LOL )

Reply #50676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So RJ u div 1 girls north coach, better luck next time rj

Reply #50677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn who would have thought North would miss U16 finals???

Is that a bit of upset??? or have the bearcats slipped under everyone's radar this year??? pretty amazing that a team with one state player makes it to the final as opposed to the Rockets, Mavs or Eagles all of whom had at least 3 state players

Reply #50694 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

"My Girls" (not that most of them would even know who I am) are actually in the Grand Final. They beat North on Friday night. GO FLAMES!!

Reply #50865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know who won the 21W?

Reply #50873 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

21 women- Forestville lost Sturt (not sure of score- dont really want to dwell on it)
Norwood def West.

Reply #50877 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Sorry wrong results, lol. My bad.

Reply #50878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

caught this game on sunday after the U16 boys, damn gotta love the effort from whole Bearcats U16 girls team

the two blonde guards were amazing on sunday, i am sure someone saw the score sheet, but from what i saw I would guess they got close to 30 between them and were all over the court, someone i spoke said they have pretty much done this all year, got to hope they are both involved in SASI/State teams.

Reply #51036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754