Anonymous
Years ago

Was this the craziest 24hrs in basketball history?

Was this the craziest 24hrs in basketball history?

Started yesterday with news that one of one of the greatest of all time was joining one of the greatest franchises of all time. Headlines all around the world that this massive move actually happened.

Fast forward 12hrs and an international match between two of the biggest basketball loving nations ends in arguably the 2nd worst brawl in basketball history. Calls for players/officials to have lengthy bans and charges, as well as a country to be thrown out of the World Cup.

Another 12hrs later and news breaks that arguably the best center in the league takes a massive paycut to join the NBA champions and 4 other all stars to form what is by far the best 'on paper' starting 5 in NBA history. A move that many think has killed the league.

Off the top of my head it's hard to think of a 24 hour period in basketball history where so much has happened, so many huge bombshells and headlines were made that sent the world into a frenzy. News and social media are blowing up with all 3.

Topic #43564 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

That emotional lesbian knuckle head is not close to the best C in the League.

Reply #694735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2nd worse brawl? What was worse. This was worse than Indiana vs Detroit back in the day...

Reply #694740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That emotional lesbian knuckle head is not close to the best C in the League.

Wow, you have an amazing talent for describing players in four words or less. <3

Reply #694742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"That emotional lesbian knuckle head is not close to the best C in the League."

Averaged 25p, 13r, 5a and 'not even close'?

Reply #694744 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Big news for sure although the media in Perth still crap on about some idiot footballer crashing his car.

Reply #694751 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Russell Westbrook averaged a Triple Double and wasn't the best player in the league or even top 3x

Reply #694766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big news for sure although the media in Perth still crap on about some idiot footballer picking his nose his car.

Fixed your post.

Reply #694774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in his car*

Reply #694775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a lifelong Lakers fan, James to LA is the best news since Shaq in 96. Just awesome. Regarding Boogie to the Warriors, there is only a finite amount of possessions in a game of basketball and as mentioned above, Cousins is an emotional, egocentric. At least that's my perception of him. A dominant player none the less. I think Golden State may have just changed the team dynamic for the worse. How the team shares these finite number of possession's will determine their success. Steve Kerr has a huge task next season. Phil Jackson is the only coach that comes to mind who has been successful managing such an enormous amount of ego's. The Philippines must be BANNED FROM ALL FIBA AFFILIATED EVENTS for about 10 YEARS. Disgraceful thugs, not basketball players!

Reply #694782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan retiring or Magic having HIV was crazier just to name a few off the top of my head.

Reply #694800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually thought Cadee did very well, help Sobey, then backed away with Kickert. Did the right thing by not inflaming it any more. His defence in the game before the fight was a different issue though.

Reply #694804 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Reply #694834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I rate Jordan's return and the "I'm back" comment as number 1.

Reply #695079 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754