Cram
Years ago

Dante's new conract

Dante signed a new deal with the Jazz for $33M over 3 years.

I think its a good deal for him. Gives him a chance to show what he can do while giving him some security.

Sure he's been injured, but towards the end of last season and playoffs he really started to look like he'd turned a corner.

Expecting a big season from him,

Topic #43570 | Report this topic

Cram  
Years ago

*contract

Reply #695027 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

This is an awesome contract for Dante!

Seems like a big overpay by the Jazz but its good to see them betting on Dante's development and injury history improving.

Reply #695030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jazz throwing a lot of money at a player who has proven nothing so far. I'm happy for Dante but it is time he started to deliver.

Reply #695031 | Report this post

Great news  
Years ago

Has there been a tougher age group in basketball in Australia, than the overlap year of Ben Simmonds and Date Exum. Add in that the super Werribee side with Luxford and others won the Under 14 Nationals that year, that I think Melbourne with Van Hofe and Purchase won the Under 16VC title, and that Diamond Valley with Jackson and others won the Under 18VC title. Not much rest through the season.

Reply #695044 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Definitely an overpay but lets hope Dante can give them value for money. Their team is looking very good for next season.

Reply #695049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That playoff dunk probably helped lol.

Reply #695111 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Hope it works out for him.
Still young 23 this month with time on his side let's hope all serious injuries are now behind him.

Reply #695122 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Contracts can change back quickly between terrible/risky to valuable and even bargains really quickly in this league.

I remember some people thinking Curry's $44m/4yr deal was a risk because of his injury history. That deal quickly turned into one of the greatest bargains in NBA history.

I'm NOT saying Dante is Steph, but if he gets to a level that most of us think he CAN (if not necessarily WILL) it will be a win-win.

Reply #695124 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Its big money to pay a guy who can't shoot in todays NBA.

no one is questions his D or general team play but he needs to improve in the onball when passing/playmaking otherwise he'll be a stand in the corner 3/d guy which is great accept at present he can't shoot.

Reply #695161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh well whatever happens he got his $33 milly. He is set.

Reply #695173 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Are you guys kidding he is a bargain, Utah is a dull and boring city but the Jazz have extended both Ingles and Exum + with NBL teams playing them, their image in Australia should only improve and I think he will only get better and will be a massive asset and contributor for the Jazz over the next three years.

Well done on them for being so brave, he'll be right to go come start of next season

Reply #695207 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Haven't been Dante's biggest fan, but even I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

The deal is for the next 3 years and so as Cram has alluded to you actually cannot say whether it is a good deal or not until the end of those 3 years.

You can only assess whether its been value after those 3 years.

Reply #695215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe got $13mil per Dante $11mil per. Hmmm.

Reply #695247 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I was expecting Exum to re-sign for significantly less than this. Exum must have been getting some interest elsewhere.

Reply #695617 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754