Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Power Rankings Round 16

We have some changes!!

1. Forestville Eagles
Look out League! The eagles put up 133 on the weekend despite the 36ers captain sitting out. With him back this week I actually favour them against the Tigers this weekend. DJ is the best player in Australia right now, Doyle the best PG in the league and Harris an elite shooter. Hard to see them losing now.

2. Norwood Flames
Tough to knock off the top team and not get #1 but Forestville have just been too dominant and Norwood a little too inconsistent recently. McGriff firming as a true MVP candidate. With big wins over West and Southern this year they'll be feeling good heading into finals.

3. Southern Tigers
And the vulnerability has been exposed. A clever Norwood team showed the blue print for beating the Tiger. Truth be told I’m not sure they have been at their best for a while and this might be the best thing for them in the end. Interesting how they respond with games against Forestville and West to come.

4. West Adelaide
Handled business short handed on the weekend. Will be looking forward to having a free hit at Southern and possibly the number 1 seed in round 18. A full roster would look scary to other teams in finals.

5 North Adelaide
Took care of Eastern in what was an ugly game. Have shown flashes of being able to compete with the top teams but not consistently enough.

Teams 6-10 are largely irrelevant now and continue to beat each other but fall short of the top 5 teams. They will have one eye on 2019 already.

Can’t wait for finals in a couple of weeks!

Topic #43602 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Decent write up - well done. I'm a bit dubious on Forestville jumping to #1 so easily, I understand it was a big win but South were playing very selfishly and gave up.

Southern the best so far, one slip up is to be expected and shouldn’t be held against them. West is my pick to come from behind and win it like last year if they can get their full squad together. Norwood will always be tough no matter what.

Reply #696107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with that. Wouldn't completely write North off either, they took Norwood pretty easily two games ago and are 1-1 with both West and Forestville.
Should be a great finals series overall.

Reply #696118 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Yes, good write up Anon and agreed, finals will be very interesting and fun to watch with all teams being a threat in their own right. I too struggle to see Eagles being topped if they have all their 36ers players suiting up. Not sure about Tigers vulnerability being exposed with their first loss of the season. Only going on the boxscore, but they shot the lights out in the first half and Tigers got close to running over the top of them a few times, but to Norwood's credit, they held firm. Don't think Brine rolling his ankle pretty badly helped. As such, think Eagles will knock Tigers off this week without him playing. Some great games of PL to come to see out the season and finals series.

Reply #696131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tbh I never read anything about the bottom 5. You were correct early in the year "top 5 is set, order is not"

Good few games coming up

Reply #696140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754