Anonymous
Years ago

Albury/Wodonga sign Lauren Jackson for SEABL 2019

Albury/Wodonnga have announced that Lauren Jackson has been appointed as Lady Bandits Head Coach for 2019.

Huge news. Awesome to see the world's best giving back to the game. Interesting to see if she plays too?

Topic #43608 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The title made me think this was a player signing lol

Reply #696230 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Lol yes bit miss leading , but good pick if they can actually get any decent players it may even get them a few wins

Reply #696234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has she coached anywhere before, or are they hoping a great player equals a good coach?

Reply #696307 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

As far as I know she has never even expressed interest in coaching let alone been one, so this comes as quite a surprise to me. Good luck to her though. (I hope they pull a Sydney Kings and put a Vickerman alongside her for at least season 1!)

Reply #696317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seabl is not straight to the nbl like Gaze did plus she played under a lot more coaches than Andrew did all over the world. I think it's great to see her back and hopefully coaching Australia down the track.
I’m still of the belief that Gaze was not the main problem at the kings so I’m not bagging him.

Reply #696325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct re: Gaze as JvG is the main problem.

Reply #696383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was the anon who asked the question above, she may be a good coach, she may be terrible, I just wouldn't call her a massive coup of a signing as she is a rookie coach. I hope she does well, was just wondering why the initial optimism beyond her being our greatest player. Time will tell.

Reply #696394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there was no initial optimism. just pointing out that it is huge news which is true

Reply #696399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She lives in Albury .. and she will def help with recruitment of players. She can bring some big names which could translate into wins

Reply #696416 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Sponsors too I'd imagine.

LJ was a big thing in southern NSW.

Best wishes to her. Might inspire more local girls to aim high.

Reply #696418 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754