Dr Bullshit
Years ago

NH: Crows vs West Coast

Well its half time and the crows are down by 7 points. Theres a long way to improve for the crows as mcleod, ricciuto, goodwin etc havent been dominant, and they have to lift if we are to win. West Coasts backline looks dodgy if the crows get the ball in long and fast. Someone has to get defensive side of Judd and we have to keep cousins quiet in the second half.

Topic #4361 | Report this topic

Bosco  
Years ago

Wildcats add on the big screen at subiaco at half time, now there is a marketing idea!!

Reply #50544 | Report this post

Notorious  
Years ago

Wasn't a very pretty 3rd quarter for the crows.

Reply #50548 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Result beyond dispute now? Damn!

Update: down 65-80, 7 minutes to run. Glimmer of hope?

Reply #50550 | Report this post

Notorious  
Years ago

Ah well, its all over. Thought we were in with a chance there. I guess there's always next year.

Reply #50553 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Good now I don't have to hear football fans talking it up at work.

Now back to a real sport that's played in more than one country.

Reply #50554 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Thats the beauty of it Double Clutch. Its a true Australian passtime. Sure basketball is fantastic and a bigger sport around the world, but it sure isnt truely Australian. (Dont get me wrong i love basketball as much as i love footy)

Reply #50555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha. As per usual crows supporters talking about the GF before today game! No sympathy for any of them. Go the Swans!

Reply #50556 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

True Australian past-time? In 3 states?

My brother actually made the North Adelaide roster when he was younger (18 years age difference between us), but football isn't what it used to be. It used to be a game where courage won over skills. A game that has some genuine danger in it. By trying to make it a game of skill it has become boring. Master the handball, kick, catch and handball! Wow four skills and you are a master!

Basketball and soccer are games where you can inflict your personality. Basketball can be the ultimate freedom, say what you want with the ball, master your handle and there are no limitations.

In football? You can kick the ball. That's it. Just kick it. Boring.

I can't be stuffed being articulate right now on a Saturday night and have to go out. You get my point.

Reply #50585 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

No i really dont get your point, football requires as much skill as basketball and soccer has less skills involved. I still play football, mens football. Trust me there is danger, 6 of our players got knocked out in the grand final last week. I dont see how you can express yourself in basketball anymore than footy. In basketball you can dunk, in footy you can kick a goal from the boundary. You can break any sport down to be boring, in basketball all you do is bounce a ball and throw it. Ofcourse theres more to it than that, same with football. You are a complete dickhead mate. 3 states? Im sorry there were representatives of 4 states in the preliminary finals so that shows that you are just an ignorant fool trying to put down a sport that just happens to get crowds of 50 thousand more people than basketball does in this country. By the way, wheres the danger in basketball, its a great sport but u cant say that there is any danger.

Reply #50593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754