Anonymous
Years ago

Woollacott picks

Whos the pick for the Woollacott this year?

Centrals
Jimma Dau was overwhelming favourite for under 21 player at midpoint, has cooled off considerably as would his vote for the main prize. Ricardo Martin the only other vote winner in this group, were around the mark in some games but ultimately too many losses.

Eastern
Rios came in all guns blazing but ran out of bullets as season drew on, still consistent but as above, too many losses. Only other guy would be Wise to get some votes but really because there was no one else to vote for.

Forestville
Too many games missed by their big guns. If Teys had played a full season he would be overwhelming favourite. Doyle a smokey but also missed a few and would have been outvoted by his bigger name teammates.

North
Starling is my choice to win it all. Pretty consistent and a stand out amongst his teammates who were spotty to say the least. Winning record and would get a few votes in their losing games.

Norwood
McGriff exploded for a few big games but had a quiet start and a few other quiet games here and there. Plus with a winning side there might be a few to take some votes off him.

South
Davis was a shell of his previous self from last season but should pick up a couple of votes in flashbacks to last year. Noone else really to take any away from him, maybe Young.

Southern
Turnage should be the vote leader from the tigers, a bit like the Eagles, talent was all around this team so each week a different player may have got the top votes.

Sturt
Nate Garth, joking. As with the rest of the bottom dwellers, Rawson should be the only consistent vote winner

West
Too much consistency again to get an outright winner from this group. Maybe Thomas who was the most consistent of the bunch.

Woodville
Osborne to get all the votes here, if there was to be a winner from the bottom half of the ladder it might be him.

Topic #43628 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Starling is likely though he had a poor month or so. Rios, Teys, Turnage, McGriff chasing him.

U21 should go to Harris.

COTY Corey Maclean

Reply #696878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woollawhat

Reply #696879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a waste of time and money...$100 seriously...pass!

There has been a lot of inconsistent games by a lot of players so really it just comes down to kissing butt.

Reply #696899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone do an end of season review of all teams with some awards - MVP, 6th man of year, best imports etc. I quite enjoy reading those.

Reply #696902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's winning the Halls?

Reply #696906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Metcalf from North

Reply #696915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs import any chance?

Reply #696916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ will win it hands down. Has shown enough in his 3 games

Second - wise 3

Third - Garth

Reply #696917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ's street shoes should win it.

Reply #696928 | Report this post

Jimmy Carr  
Years ago

Nick Marshall from North has to be amongst the front runners for the under 21 award.

Reply #697026 | Report this post

BobnCat  
Years ago

More of interest is which clubs will be represented and which wont!

Reply #697030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick Marshall is okay but wasn't consistent enough.

Reply #697048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And fighting the best import combo in the league for votes.

Reply #697052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean Nyberg will get coach of the year.

Reply #697395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't think so. 2 game losing streak leading into the voting.

Reply #697410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know about Nyberg. When you get to spend that much cash and have a different team every season full of different guns it's hard to judge his coaching ability.
No continuity, just very talented, deep team of guns.

Reply #697413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey McLean for me. You'd think Brenton in the women, maybe Bello a smoky.

Reply #697415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson for the women...in a canter.

Reply #697420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 sides of the coin I guess. Nyberg does a good job of recruiting talent and getting it to work together but has always had talent. I thought he did better last year getting that group to the GF than what he has this year.

McLean for me will win. Did well with his import selection and they've quietly gone about their season.

It is a popularity contest though and I’m not sure anyone likes either of them.

Reply #697424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are both pretty unlikeable.

Reply #697428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Name a coach who is likeable?

Reply #697448 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

U21
Womens - Simons (or Brook depending if she is eligible)
Mens - should be Harris, but given how the voting works it will go to Dau.

DPOY
Womens - not sure how it's voted, but based on what I've seen and heard should be Tyson-Thomas
Mens - Starling

CotY
Womens - Johnson
Mens - McLean

Woollacott
Womens - Metcalf
Mens - I'm tipping Turnage *just* over Starling. Others like McGriff, Doyle and Teys out of consideration given they played fewer games. West players have a number of strong contributors, and will steal votes from Legan.

Reply #697452 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754