Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Power Rankings and Round 18 Preview

1. Forestville Eagles
Justified their position atop the rankings with a hard fought win at Morphett Vale. Despite trailing by 13 at 3/4 time the Eagles managed to claw their way back with superior execution down the stretch. All this without the leagues leading scorer in Brendan Teys. I can't see anyone getting close to them from here on out.

2. Norwood Flames
Eastern put a scare in the Flames on the weekend who struggled to adjust to life with Matt Lycett back in the llineup. Owen Hulland also returned in what shapes to be an intriguing lineup for finals. First, a clash with the Eagles this weekend.

3. West Adelaide
Business as usual, handling the Pathers at Marion by 30+ points. Jordan West showing he hasn't lost anything in his lengthy lay off and James Legan putting on a shooting clinic. Will be eyeing off top spot at Port Adelaide this week.

4. North Adelaide
Proved Woodville were no match for them on the weekend, winning by 27. Their offence has been clicking recently with improved perimeter shooting and ball movement. CJ Reed beginning to look ominous heading into finals and Alex Starling showing why he's the favourite for the Woollacott.

5. Southern Tigers
Limping to the finish line with two consecutive losses to strong sides and now face West Adelaide at Port in an all important clash. Teams have seemingly found a solution to their high scoring ways and they're now on the back foot with much to prove heading into finals.

Round 18 sees some fantastic matches.

Norwood vs Forestville
As mentioned above I can't see anyone beating Forestville with their star studded lineup for the remainder of the season, however a hot Norwood team could give them a shake. Having defeated West and Southern by double digits they've proven that on their night they are extremely tough. McGriff is inconsistent but has shown he's capable of big numbers and could be a handful for Forestville. However, with three 36ers running around, I can't see Forestville dropping the game.

West vs Southern
The Bearcats can secure a share of first place with a win and would have to start heavy favourites to do so. Legan has shown he's the greatest shooter the league has seen in a long while and with a veteran supporting cast they have quietly gone about their business all year. Southern will need to find a way to get back to their 90 and 100 point scores of early season to have a chance in this one.

The other games are largely irrelevant but I would encourage everyone to try to head to one of these two games for a taste of finals action before the real stuff begins nest week!

Also next week - a full run down of all my awards from the couch, albeit after the official award ceremony has happened (does that seem really early to anyone else?).

Topic #43639 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great write up, thank you!!

Reply #697277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Legan FTW

Reply #697353 | Report this post

JJabra  
Years ago

Kubank may be missing, if he is in the Sydney Development squad that left for China ...

A Sydney invitational squad including young-guns Tom, Dane and Deng has left for China with Head Coach Andrew Gaze.

https://twitter.com/SydneyKings/status/1018808153545175040

Reply #697418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see tigers win again after a couple losses.

I'm a die hard tigers fan, completely one eyed.
But I hate all those morons yelling airball and changing hungry jacks at every game. It makes me sick!

Surely something can be done about it?

Reply #697625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately Scumthern fans really do let their team down.

Reply #697627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754