Anonymous
Years ago

Boomer Replacements

Any thoughts on who will be brought into the Boomers team for September window as replacements for suspended trio Kickert, Maker and Goulding?

P.s Kickert no need to come back.

Topic #43642 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need someone who can play the 3 and the 4. Good defender and team first player, Moller would be great.

Reply #697430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig please don't try get yourself selected

Reply #697432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares, Asia is so weak it's not a big deal.

Reply #697433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Who cares"
They already lost to Japan tosspot.

Is a big deal.

Reply #697442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They aren't losing to anyone else.

LOL @ tosspot

Reply #697444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They lost one game...wow! Sack all of them

Reply #697445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ hahahha

The Filos had to cause a fight to stop a potential 50pt defeat. We'll be fine.

Reply #697447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That should have read "We'll be fined"

Reply #697450 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

DJ straight swap for Kickert.

Who am I kidding, it's Lemanis!

Reply #697451 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

My guess is Wagstaff and Hodgson, not sure which guard.

Reply #697460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please remember any replacement must come from the named squad of 24.

Thankfully DJ is not in that 24. And for what's worth he and I state again "he" made himself unavailable. Has no interest in playing for his country.

Reply #697464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"And for what's worth he and I state again "he" made himself unavailable. Has no interest in playing for his country."

Nope, not true.

Reply #697466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry mate. Very true.

Reply #697467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another opportunity for AJ Ogilvy to get passed over again

Reply #697470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller averaged 4 points and 3 rebounds a game this season in NBL. Yeah, he has upside but he should not be mentioned in Boomers talk at all until that is a minimum 10 and 6.

Reply #697484 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Saying he doesn't want to represent his country is probably the only thing he can say to feel empowered in this situation. Are you trying to tell me if he was handed a jersey tomorrow and told he'd play in the Olympics he'd turn it down? What a crock of shit.

With a lack of stretch fours, you might have to look at Alex Loughton to replace Kickert. Gouilding is harder to replace because he's one player who will pull something out of his ass when nothing else is working, and a lot of Australian guards are incredibly limited when it comes to creating shots for themselves. You'd hope Mitch Creek would be back, who'd bring an X factor, if not in the same areas as Goulding. And depending on the time of the year you might have access to someone like Deng Adel or Ryan Broekhoff. But assuming we only have NBL players I don't see what is wrong with throwing in Kendall Stephens if he's interested.

Stephens is probably mostly an unknown quantity, but what we do know is he is technically Australian, is a very good three point shooter, and was good enough to make Summer League this year. He is likely to be picked up by an NBL team, and if he turns out to be the kind of quality guard his pedigree suggests, he could be a worthy surprise inclusion. We have a lot of interchangeable "meh" players at the guard spots so I don't see what is wrong with throwing a cat amongst the pigeons.

Reply #697485 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUKLWLaox1Y Some highlights of Kendall

Reply #697486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooks, landale...

Reply #697487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't believe Dellavedova or Maker we’re picked in the original squad, so new players could be allowed to be selected.

Reply #697491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dj has not made himself unavailable... that is fact

Reply #697492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ is never going to the Olympics over the NBA guys that play his position. 36er fans are delusional

Reply #697497 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

saw that a Uthoff played in the summer league (Boston???). Turns out is the son of Dean "Man Mountain" Uthoff, a naturlised Aussie. (Son) Played the 3/4. A posiblility? Anyone else know more?

Reply #697505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen him play college ball and saw the surname but come to think of it never been on the radar on this forum curiously.

Reply #697510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shawn Redhage has been rushed back into training, to bolster our flopping in Goulding's absence.

However, the naturalised player restriction may deny him. Depends on how quickly we can get Conklin citizenship.

Reply #697516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jarrod Uthoff, unless my google searching skills have let me down, is NOT the son of Dean Uthoff.

He is the son of Dale and Diane Uthoff, close but no cigar. Would be nice as he would be a good international stretch 4 for us

Reply #697522 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I'd like to see some youth in there. Norton, Moller & Deng would be nice fits. Apart from that Phillipines game we looked slow & it would be great to up the tempo of the team... If Lemanis allowed it.

I assume none of the NBA contracted players would be available for the next window?

Oh, & like many others also note, DJ SHOULD be in there, but that's never going to happen : (

Reply #697530 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

What is the time frame for the 'named squad of 24' Australian players? Must be able to be reviewed at some stage.

Are we limited to players named six or nine months ago for the duration of the qualifying rounds, to the end of 2018, to June 30 this year, ...?

Anyone actually know the facts?

Reply #697557 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Maker and Delly weren't in the original squad, nor was Drmic. I don't think squad means anything.

Reply #697560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Shawn Redhage has been rushed back into training, to bolster our flopping in Goulding's absence."

LOL

Reply #697561 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jarrod Uthoff, unless my google searching skills have let me down, is NOT the son of Dean Uthoff.

He is the son of Dale and Diane Uthoff, close but no cigar. Would be nice as he would be a good international stretch 4 for us
Third cousin of Dean.

Reply #697748 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Isaac

Add genealogy skills to your cv.

Good detective work.

Reply #697837 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Thanks for that.IMO Jarred U not a world beater but if eligible as Aussie would have been a useful candidate, at the very least. But, what the hell, he's not who I want him to be so end of that thrilling little sideshow.

Reply #697844 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754