Big time club. Congrats Casey!

Reply #697972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eveybody Conga!

Reply #697976 | Report this post

Neb  
Years ago

Nah, I have a close contact who says Conger is close to signing with Brisbane.

Reply #697986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conger signing in Spain, Boone to breakers, believe it.

Reply #698037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange how Prather has probably become underrated in the NBL. Melbourne fans pining for Felix. Prather is a star, Perth really missed him, dare I say had he stayed they may have still made finals.

Would rather see him overseas than on another team in the NBL. Hopefully he got paid too, 3 championships at two teams in three years has to look good.

I always thought he was better than Torrey Craig, so strange how it works out, opportunity and timing is everything i guess.

Reply #698049 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

when fit, Prather was the best SF in the league, hardly underrated. He is now literally too good for the league

Reply #698052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather is the only one who three-peated in recent NBL history after Troy Georgiu and the Wildcats dropped the ball.

Reply #698068 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Tom Abercrombie might disagree with that statement.

Reply #698070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said in recent as in super recent.

I knew someone would try to be smart.

Reply #698079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I meant recent as in super recent.*

Reply #698080 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I call the Breakers threepeat recent as it happened in last 8 years.
Good luck to him though.

Reply #698081 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I meant recent as in super recent.*

Well the last time it happened was just five years ago so I would call that recent.

Reply #698087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay. Missing the point guys. The Wildcats let it slip!

Reply #698096 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

^
Give up.

Reply #698124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather was unavailable when the Cats wanted to sign their import so they went with Walker. A few weeks later, Prather became available so United snapped him up. Not sure what they could have done differently.

Reply #698125 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Lol no idea how it works, Prather wanted Cotton money and the Wildcats didn't want to pay that.

Reply #698137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless I'm getting him mixed up with the myriad of other guys who have done this lately, didn't the Wildcats announce Prather was returning, followed by announcing they were releasing him so he could explore opportunities overseas, followed by him signing with United .5 seconds later?

Reply #698138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No that was CJ Bruton.

Reply #698142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Lol no idea how it works, Prather wanted Cotton money and the Wildcats didn't want to pay that."

Lol that is not what happened.

"Unless I'm getting him mixed up with the myriad of other guys who have done this lately, didn't the Wildcats announce Prather was returning, followed by announcing they were releasing him so he could explore opportunities overseas, followed by him signing with United .5 seconds later?"

No. I explained above the situation with Prather. Anyone that says anything else (like "Cotton money") is talking out of their arse.

Reply #698155 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Cotton & Martin getting all the big money in Perth!

Reply #698157 | Report this post

It was Marcus Timmons that said he wanted to go to Europe to get out of his cats contract, but then signed with Melbourne. Andrew Vlaholv (then owner/player/coach/jackie moon of the cats) tunneled Timmons on the a three point attempt on his first shot of his first game back at the PEC as a Tiger.

Very memorable narrative. Great sporting history. needs an ESPN 30 for 30 on it.

Also... Devondrick Walker.

Reply #698158 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

"No. I explained above the situation with Prather. Anyone that says anything else (like "Cotton money") is talking out of their arse."

Yeah right, cos in NBL there are no backsies.

Prather was not contracted, therefore there was no release. Fact.
Fresh off b2b championships and MVPs, Prather wanted more money. Fact.
Wildcats said no, Prather went to Europe looking for more money. Fact.
Melbourne offered Prather more money than Perth. Fact. End of story.

Your suggestion, that Perth could not have waited a week to see if their 2x championship winning MVP was available, is laughable.

Reply #698196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth were being tight and it cost them.

Reply #698197 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Prather signed with Melbourne last season for less than he was on at Perth.

Reply #698202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, Perth p!ssed him off that much.

Reply #698205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta believe Zodiac over Dazz.

Reply #698207 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What I posted above was from Vince Crivelli's mouth during an interview after they signed him and it was backed up a few times during the season by the NBL's commentators during games.

Reply #698209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, there's no disputing Melbourne got him for less than what he wanted for Perth.

But the reason for not returning to Perth was the fact he wanted to be paid like Cotton was.

These two points are mutually exclusive.

Reply #698211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, the second point is completely made up.

"Wildcats said no, Prather went to Europe looking for more money. Fact."

That is absolute bullshit.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/casey-prather-reveals-reason-for-leaving-perth-wildcats-ng-b88599921z

Reply #698212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whether not retaining Prather or not axing Cooke Jr. at the end of the day the Wildcats pissed away a three-peat.

Reply #698214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But at least they were in a position to go for one, unlike almost every other club. What a ridiculous criticism.

Reply #698216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were in a position to - and in January did nothing to replace Cooke Jr after it was evident they needed someone else inside after Knight's retirement due to injury. Shocking negligence on the part of the club.

Reply #698217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they recruited poorly last year. Sooooo negligent!

Reply #698218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth's negligence is astounding. Imagine not recruiting well enough so that they failed to qualify for their seventh grand final in the past nine years!

Reply #698219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doing nothing in January, including losing twice in a row to the Kings and not reacting as it was the final straw was negligent.

Reply #698221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754