Zodiac
Years ago

Cavs Sign Kevin Love to 4 Year $120M Contract Extension

Kevin Love's agent is certainly earning his money, Love now under contract with the Cavs for the next 5 years at $145 million.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/07/24/report-cavaliers-sign-kevin-love-to-four-year-120-million-contract-extension/

Topic #43664 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if we will see the old T'Wolves Love again now.

Reply #698098 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Could be a Blake Griffin move, if another team really wants Love now they know they will have him for a long time not just 1 season.
If the Cavs struggle next season I can see them trading him for younger assets.

Reply #698106 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was announced at the stadium and there's a great photo of him taking a selfie with Cavs staff and workers who were there working on the stadium renos.

He copped a lot of crap throughout the Kyrie and LeBron dramas and outlasted both. If the alternative was him joining a strong and established roster while the Cavs tank for picks, I'm happy to see him stay put and maybe return to the 25/12 days of old, even if Cleveland remain a middling team.

Reply #698107 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Will always appreciate that defensive sequence he played on Curry on that (most important) 2nd last possession of the 2016 finals. Just outstanding defence - slid his feet, didn't buy on the shot fakes and forced one of the best 1v1 players in the world into an extremely difficult shot.

People look at the Kyrie 3 and the Lebron block in the final minutes but that defense was on equal footing and importance too.

Reply #698126 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Great move for both sides. Love gets a nice payday and the Cav's have a tradable asset on a long term deal which can get them better value the an expiring.

The Cav's could be a solid middling team in the East if they stay healthy, everyone talks about tear downs in the NBA but how many teams how actually tanked for multiple years and done it successfully? Philly perhaps but they still haven't won anything and its all potential rather than performance.

The draft is such a crab shoot that its very easy to get it wrong as many organisations in draft based sports will show.

Reply #698128 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@MACDUB, agree, and he did it twice in that possession because Curry had to pass it and get it back for that tough shot near the end, great pick up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgVOgGLtPtc

Reply #698131 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I think its a good move. The reality is that the Cavs have so many pieces that are difficult to move (Thompson, Smith, Hill) that a full rebuild would be difficult.

Love is a solid piece to build around short term.

Reply #698133 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I should add, those guys that will be hard to move, are all on for 2 more years, so if they can have a decent season, with those guys playing well, they might be able to find some decent trades for them going into their final seasons.

Reply #698134 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754