Locke
Years ago

Jacob Wiley confirmed for Sixers

Jacob Wiley signs a 1-year deal with the Sixers.

Great signing. Good to see him choose Adelaide over Melbourne too. Shows the culture the 36ers have.

Topic #43694 | Report this topic

Anony  
Years ago

Culture of thugs and whingers?

Reply #698971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than no culture at all and having your owner make up rules just to cheat your way to a championship. Yet Melbourne still hasn't paid a cent for blowing the cap by 2 to 3 million... Melbourne are a stain on the NBL.

Reply #698984 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yet Melbourne still hasn't paid a cent for blowing the cap by 2 to 3 million
Got any proof of that?

Reply #698985 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

"Good to see him choose Adelaide over Melbourne"

Maybe Melbourne have someone better lined up.

Reply #698986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at the Melbourne bandwagoners swarm on this post. Last month the scum were singing the praises of Wiley and now they "have someone better". What a burnt marshmallow of a club.

Reply #698994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is it with Melburnians? Is it the fact they live so close to a toxic river? The fumes just destroy their brain cells...

Welcome to Melbourne. The New Jersey of Australia.

Reply #698995 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

^ sorry but I'm not a Melbourne supporter just stating my opinion.

Are you bitter over last Yeats grand final result.

Reply #698997 | Report this post

hawky  
Years ago

Of course Adelaide supporters are bitter over last years GF, Sobeys ejection was ridiculous and changed the result of that game IMO. Couple that with (likely - i have no proof) Melbourne exceeding the soft salary cap and their owner also being the NBLs owner (I assume LK would not have this be the case by choice, however facts remian).

If the Melb supporters would gladly refraim from posting rubbish on this feed that'd be great.

I really like this signing, seems to have many of the skill sets we required having lost Chill and Creek + adds shooting skills for a big. Drimic and Deng will likely get many more minutes this season, import PG will need to be very good for sixers to be in top few again IMO.

Import/ Doyle
Sobey/ Teys
Moore/ Drimic/ Mcveigh
Wiley/ Deng
DJ/ Froling

A lineup that suits Joeys style.

Reply #699001 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Well that escalated quickly.

How does a thread about a new import for ADL (a nice piece of exciting news) turn into MEL Vs ADL?

Reply #699002 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yes we all know Melbourne had a lot of luck and good fortune in winning that GF series but it's over with now and no point going on about it anymore. You can't take back the Sobey ejection or magically make Childress healthy again.

It's a shame Childress isn't coming back but that's over with now I just hope we don't sign Deleon or re-sign Teys.

Reply #699003 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Welcome to city of adelaide or as the rest of australia call it the donald trump of Australia

Reply #699007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Donald trump of Australia. How can one man be an entire city. Lol. Numpty try.

Reply #699009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, doesn't Donald Trump have money? Truly awful analogy

Reply #699010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha I can't believe how bad that analogy is. rofl

Reply #699013 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Australia is the Adelaide of the Western World.

We're all Adelaiders.

Reply #699016 | Report this post

Locke  
Years ago

Geez. Why are United fans so bitter...

Aren't we glad there is only one Melbourne team. Anymore and the league would be a joke on an international scale like the AFL.

Reply #699017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its all the Victoria bitter they drink...

Yes I know that was bad joke...

Reply #699018 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"Are you bitter over last Yeats grand final result."

Yes, he should have won it instead of Eliot.

Reply #699020 | Report this post

hawky  
Years ago

@ shayno, did you not learn your lesson after starting the topic 'dumb NBA trades'? Not sure if you're a troll, have little social interation with humans or enjoy drinking your own bathwater. Irrespective, give it a rest, particularly the attempted comedy.

Reply #699021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great signing, now just need a solid PG

Reply #699052 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Sixers look OK depending on point guard.
Should be top 5 easily.

Reply #699074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like it how every year people um and arr about the Sixers and then they always embarrass the critics by dominating. They'll be top 4. Joey delivers.

Reply #699077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like his skill set and athleticism.

How do we think Joey will use Wiley? Pick and roll mostly, because Joey rarely runs any back to basket for any one.

Reply #699078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz - you're as dumb as your name sounds if you don't clearly see Melbourne blew way over the soft cap. Or just ignorant.

Reply #699080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne would have paid Prather 300,000, Ware 300,000 and Boone around 200,000. Thats enough right there! Then throw CGs confirmed 300k in....

Yeah no blowing the soft cap here Koberulez. Keep believe everyone on that roster was paid 100,000.

Reply #699081 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

If we had a top tier PG then i dont see why we couldnt compete for the Title again.

i think Wiley will be great.

I hope Melb dont get Conger.

Reply #699083 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Will be tough to replace what Creek brought to the team. I think last year he moved past Damian Martin as the most important ingredient to the way his team plays. If they get a good PG they'll still be around the mark, but I think Adelaide take a small step backwards this year.

Reply #699085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb shouldn't be able to afford Conger and Ware... both asking for huge coin. Oh wait. Their owner owns the league and can cheat by not releasing salaries and therefore paying no equalization tax! Sweepin and cheatin' Silly me forgot what a greaseball Kestleman was!!

Sad to see this league polluted my Melburnian values of cheating and rigging like the AFL. What's next. All grand final series to be played at Hisense?

Reply #699086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 years ago Adelaide had the worst team in the league and very much started the season that way, it was when the young talent found their feet that it all turned around. I expect this will be the same, if the young guys like Deng and Drimic step up then sixers will be contenders again but yeah, the known quantities (Johnson, Sobey, Wiley etc...) won't be enough otherwise

Reply #699090 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Take your money, put it on Melbourne v Sydney in the grand final.

The NBL's perception has been and continues to be "that's what's best for Australian basketball".

Reply #699095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey has his own fan club.

Reply #699096 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Look out they added Teys to the roster get your money on the dirty sixers they are loaded people

Reply #699101 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I don't understand the Teys signing.

Only viable explanation is having so much less money to spend than the Eastern Cap Killers.

Reply #699108 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Lol at the saltiness in this thread

Just signed a quality import and it's all whining! Ha. Says a lot.

5 of 8 NBL teams are *probably* way over the soft cap, including one that didn't even make the playoffsbut hey, why would that stop us from claiming it's all some grand Larry led conspiracy!?

Reply #699112 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

@hawky u are too funny. I stand by the dumb trades which were caused by signing players to dumb contracts. Teams that salary dump are embarrassing.

I will keep starting topics regardless. My next one will be about how salty people are on this forum and how butthurt 36ers fans still are.

Drink my own bath water is funny as many people dont take baths these days.

Also if i was a troll i would of went at koberulez, manu fieldel or zodiac by now???

Lastly i think ur the troll as saying "melb exceeded the cap" etc is more comedy than i can ever produce. Please get over brett maher retiring and stop living in the past.

Reply #699114 | Report this post

hawky  
Years ago

So you are of the opinion melbourne did not exceed the cap? do you have any proof of this?

Reply #699139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't change the past. Move on to 2018/19

Reply #699140 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Koberulz - you're as dumb as your name sounds if you don't clearly see Melbourne blew way over the soft cap. Or just ignorant.
Melbourne would have paid Prather 300,000, Ware 300,000 and Boone around 200,000. Thats enough right there! Then throw CGs confirmed 300k in....

Yeah no blowing the soft cap here Koberulez. Keep believe everyone on that roster was paid 100,000.
I never said they didn't blow way over the soft cap.

Melb shouldn't be able to afford Conger and Ware... both asking for huge coin. Oh wait. Their owner owns the league
LK only owns 25% of United.

Reply #699157 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Of course they didnt blow the cap. Boone wouldn't of been that expensive.

Any more excuses?

Next u will be saying childress was on 700k.

Conger and ware prob could get 400k each but as vickerman wants more of a harder bodied prather but for a cheap price.

Plus melb dont need 3 imports any ways.

Reply #699201 | Report this post

TM  
Years ago

If anything, Wiley looks like he has a similar game to Boone, and Adelaide had little or no answer to him last year.
So it's a good move to cover that gap.

Reply #699217 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:25 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754