Sarah
Years ago

ADC - Australian development camp

Has anyone seen the athlete list for the next Australian development camp? Is there a link to it and who has been selected?

Topic #43719 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

Not yet, cant wait til its published. It will be interesting

Reply #699587 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's going to be interesting alright. From some of the information i was given, it will inflame this forum and rightly so.

Reply #699624 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Is selection based on performance at the u16 Junior Championships? If you have been selected before can you be selected again?

Reply #699628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine if there was a state/national team named , and everyone agreed on every player, and we all just moved on?

Can all dream I guess

Reply #699639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given how SA performed in the boys unlikely to be any from SA

Reply #699641 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I didn't see scores or stats who played well and why did SA perform poorly from what you are saying?

Reply #699646 | Report this post

somewhere  
Years ago

I think that quite rightly, Anon, people will be annoyed by what I have heard too. You work hard but it obviously doesn't seem to matter!

Reply #699710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're referring to the camp in January, players are nominated from whoever's in charge of NITP in their state. At least that's what I've heard

Reply #699798 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The SA boys team started off well and fell away. If you watched them play you would have noted a few interesting things were happening. Namely a player who was not performing, standing on the court for 38 mins, look up the last name..

IMO they weren't coached well. There are 3 lads in that team that are ADC ready and deserving. One in particular is a ridiculous talent. When the list is printed, it will be almost too hard to believe. Mister most court time with most turnovers, 3pavg and the list goes on. You don't want to believe there is bias and BS politics in basketballsa but there is, this proves it.

Reply #699899 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The Victorian Boys were very strong, expect to see a lot of them

Reply #699923 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

People make mistakes, I see it like everyone else, have seen it first hand. Yes, bias opinions are and always will be subject to criticism, especially when you are looking at developing bodies and minds in young people like these who will change quickly and so much as they mature.

In the end, tell your kid to continue working hard and stay confident in the knowledge that not every coach or selector will be bias against you, if you stay the course and have the talent you will highly likely be recognised when your time comes.

Reply #699929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the talent down in this age group 03/04?

Reply #699930 | Report this post

hoops  
Years ago

People make mistakes? C'mon, they know exactly what they are doing. Many of these coaches have years and years of experience and with the amount of time and money invested in these tournaments the coaching staff need to be accountable, after all these kids are representing the state. What needs to be put in place is an evaluation system so players and parents can provide feedback in tandem with assessment of the scores and stats etc. If the coach is not capable of satisfying the criteria then they should not be allowed to coach the following year. There needs to be a set of criteria so there is no conflict of interest or bias - in cases where this is impossible then everything needs to be transparent. These tournaments are supposed to be a positive opportunity and it seems that many from a certain team have been left very unhappy and disallusioned. Yes, maybe their time hasn't come yet but what sort of environment is this for them to move forward and to set the example for others coming up.

Reply #699977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There shouldn't be mistakes at this level. If the coaches and HP Managers are good they wouldve gone out to rep and district games to watch the selected players and actually see how they play in actual games. Coaches should be held accountable, don't blame the players.
When are they suppose to release the ADC list ?

Reply #699982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez, there are mistakes in the nba draft every year, (Anthony Bennett, Greg Oden, Hasheem Thabeet) and that is way way above u16 level in Australia, and the highly skilled and paid NBA coaches and NBA full time scouts, have looked them over and over and still make mistakes.
I reckon take Bears good advice!

Reply #699992 | Report this post

PEOPLESUPPORTER  
Years ago

THE THING IS .... THIS IS REALLY ABOUT ONE THING THAT HAS INFURIATED PEOPLE AND PLAYERS ALIKE....AND ANON CORRECTLY POINTED OUT - IT WILL BE HARD TO BELIEVE

Reply #700003 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Bear and Bear supporter you are completely missing the point here. We aren't suggesting there were mistakes made with the team (even though there may have been) we are suggesting the mistakes made with coaching!!! AND the ADC list!!

Reply #700004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I agree. I'm not from SA but am very familiar with alot of the SA boys as my son has played them many times over the years. I agree that mistakes were made with that team. If they were coached right I believe they could've made the grand final.

Reply #700011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What an annoying bunch of anonymous sooks taking shots at Butters.

Your son(s) were simply not good enough and wont make a list this year.

LOL at the dad who is calling for 'full transparency'...how entitled are you! Take a seat, pal. The lists are managed by the HP team and shared across the states. YOU are entitled to nothing. Your feedback about the selection process is not wanted by anyone remotely associated with anything to do with basketball at the elite level.

Reply #700052 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

from one anon to another...about that selection process at 'elite level'...there appears not to have been any 'process' what so ever.... someone appears to have been 'entitled'..

Reply #700056 | Report this post

Anotheranon  
Years ago

At the end of the day what is done is done and now it will all unravel for all to watch. The pressure this kid must be under would be enormus and you can only go so far as the entitled one and at some stage that wears thin till there is nothing left. Seems there has been some collusion going on for some time and all will come to light very soon. Difficult when most of the basketball community has to see it on a weekly basis.

Reply #700062 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I find it rather hilarious that an angry bloke gets on and rages at the posters assuming that their kid didn't make the list or the state team. How about they actually did make the damn team they are just furious that a name and privilege will buy you a damn spot at an Australian Camp when you are a B grade player at a regional level. Simple.

Here is a scenario so you understand it.

Lets say, Larry Kestleman has a kid, the kid is a lovely kid, but can not rebound, can not shoot, can not pass. Larry gets him a gig in Div 1 at melbourne tigers, parents are angry but shrug their shoulders, no biggie. Next up comes NITP, he gets a spot over other kids immensley talented. People grow a little more frustrated, next he gets a spot on the VIC state team, parents are now really annoyed, kids are missing out, surely he will warm the bench though, he is just there to satisfy selectors need to suck up the butt of LK. nationals come around and the kid plays 38 mins at the expense of kids NOT getting time on the court, for some... not at all. At the expense of winning very winnable games with a squad talent deep. Yep, you going to tell me you aren't smelling a rat yet? then you get wind that his kid has a spot at the Australia camp, surely someone is taking the piss?.

Reply #700166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously all the SA people know who this is about, can the rest of us get a clue for the surname, so we can guess?

Reply #700231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't mean much if they don't get chosen now.
U18s next year will show who can seperate themselves from the pack.
Future u19s, (02) and future u17s (03) will be chosen from that tournament.

Reply #700247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Country had a great week and finished top 4 so you must be referring to the SA metro team.

Reply #700254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Country had the best 3 pt shooter at Nationals so surely he will go to an ADC but after that there wasn't much from either SA team

Reply #700255 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes, i can see why you wouldn't know about the Sa Metro talent too much, as they didn't get coached well, they didn't get on enough and a big bodied son of the high performance manager spent 38 mins on the court swatting at the ball.

Reply #700306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 166 it's been like this for years in all sports, it shits you but don’t think it will ever change.

Reply #700310 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

http://basketball.net.au/athletes-selected-for-2018-australian-development-camp/

Reply #700314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks!

Reply #700316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like a lot of quality talent missing from those lists.
Thought some of those u16 girls nsw m guards had potential. Maybe next camp.
Same with the boys, vic m, qld s, sa m.

Reply #700317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No wa players..

Reply #700318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no opinion on the names selected as I did not see nationals and not even sure on the selection criteria for AusCamps BUT....

I don't see what the fuss is about. It really does not mean a thing in the big picture. If kids did not make it that feel they should not have then it will get sorted out in time and the selectors of these camps cannot control that.

Has happened before where they get it wrong and look a bit silly after. But none of that effects the athletes. Just get so good they cannot ignore you.

Our sport is now truly global with major players looking at talent here. The best way to hold them to account is get better play on winning state teams, make d1 college teams, become a pro. So many pathways and routes to these higher level things an AusCamp or even national program really does not matter like it did, even 2 or 3 yrs ago.

Reply #700326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like the girls will medal again in 2 years with that talent.
Early days for the boys, who knows who will standout in 2 years time.

Reply #700329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls

3 from 2002
Jennings, Morgan, Sewell

14 from 2003
Evans, Goodchild, Prior, Ward, Bowyer, Swain, Deeble, Wise, Crawford, Price, Dunlop, Robinson, Dunn, Fakalata

3 from 2004
Dart, Borlase, Heal

Reply #700334 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Borlase is an absolute jet. Watch that space, she will make AUS team and she will turn a lor of heads on the way.

Reply #700373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of guard and wing types in the girls...lacking some of the prominent bigs (Macbegor, Cochrane, Locandro, Rees types) the previous years have had. Exciting times for these kids.

Reply #700375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny.. a few years ago we had no real quality pgs coming through.
All of a sudden we have a plethora.
Those born 95-04 got to be at least 10 potential opals.

Prior is the only legit big atm I think. Probably end up 6'4.
The other post players are all just over 6'0.
Couple of other bigs around but not at the same level atm.

Reply #700387 | Report this post

Dane Suttle  
Years ago

I missed them when Bon Scott was lead singer, watching footage, he was an absolute star, as good as any frontman going around. Brian Johnson was an inspired choice, won over Aussie fans and helped take the band to the greatest heights in the world. When Brians hearing failed him, Axel Rose just didn't resonate as a fill-in for a number of reasons. Not sure what Angus is doing, why run a camp to find a new led singer? He and Malcolm ran the biggest band to ever leave Australian shores and they became massive world-wide. Perhaps time to respect the legacy?

Reply #700408 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754