Niz 67
Two weeks ago

Intention to play

What is this intention to play form all about? Can you go to another club before the season starts if you've signed this.

Topic #43725 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

You can as long as you have a clearance, usually means you forfeit your deposit that most clubs make you pay with the intention to play form

Reply #699712 | Report this post

manos  
Two weeks ago

saves clubs getting hit with forfeit fines after entering a team in a comp and people bail.

Reply #699713 | Report this post

manos  
Two weeks ago

you can train without a clearance but do not play without a clearance - will be penalized

Reply #699714 | Report this post

manos  
Two weeks ago

and so the big shop around begins

Reply #699715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Someone's not happy with the coach they might be getting

Reply #699748 | Report this post

Anon  
Two weeks ago

I don't believe the form locks you into anything and I dont think it requires a signature? It is more so that at the internal trials the club have an idea of who is coming and can prepare a list beforehand to mark off on the day or allocate teams. If everyone just turns up then it is much harder to get names, details etc.. I have seen players come to internal trials and then still move clubs.

Reply #699755 | Report this post

WW  
Two weeks ago

As far as I understand it, the only thing locking you to a club for a season is making an appearance in a game.
If you haven't played a competitive fixture in the new season, you should be fine to move.

Reply #699763 | Report this post

annon  
Two weeks ago

the form is an intention to play not a confirmation of play

Reply #699765 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Ganymede 92

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Punch - insightful time tracking
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
PickStar - The best place to book sports stars

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 am, Mon 20 Aug 2018 | Posts: 727,372 | Last 7 days: 904