Niz 67
Years ago

Intention to play

What is this intention to play form all about? Can you go to another club before the season starts if you've signed this.

Topic #43725 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can as long as you have a clearance, usually means you forfeit your deposit that most clubs make you pay with the intention to play form

Reply #699712 | Report this post

manos  
Years ago

saves clubs getting hit with forfeit fines after entering a team in a comp and people bail.

Reply #699713 | Report this post

manos  
Years ago

you can train without a clearance but do not play without a clearance - will be penalized

Reply #699714 | Report this post

manos  
Years ago

and so the big shop around begins

Reply #699715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone's not happy with the coach they might be getting

Reply #699748 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I don't believe the form locks you into anything and I dont think it requires a signature? It is more so that at the internal trials the club have an idea of who is coming and can prepare a list beforehand to mark off on the day or allocate teams. If everyone just turns up then it is much harder to get names, details etc.. I have seen players come to internal trials and then still move clubs.

Reply #699755 | Report this post

WW  
Years ago

As far as I understand it, the only thing locking you to a club for a season is making an appearance in a game.
If you haven't played a competitive fixture in the new season, you should be fine to move.

Reply #699763 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

the form is an intention to play not a confirmation of play

Reply #699765 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754