Isaac
Years ago

36ers confirm Adris DeLeon signing

The Adelaide 36ers have finalised their 2018-19 roster with an injection of experience, signing veteran point guard, Adris DeLeon as their third import.

DeLeon made his NBL debut with the Gold Coast Blaze in 2011, after the Blaze's then head coach, Joey Wright, spotted him playing Streetball in New York against NBA players during the league’s lockout.

In 28 games for the Blaze, the Dominican averaged 16.6 points, 4.3 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.6 steals per game, earning himself the nickname '2Hard2Guard’.
Full story

Topic #43742 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Years ago

I like the idea because I've long called for Sobey to be given a chance at the point.

Would most people assume the following rotation:

Sobey-DeLeon
Drmic-Teys
Moore-McVeigh
Wiley-Deng
Johnson-Froling

I think we've all had our say over this signing and it's been mostly negative. Not so much against DeLeon as a person or player, but more so as a choice. Time to move on and welcome him i think. Hopefully he has developed into a savy playmaking veteran who adds a nice balance.

Welcome to Adelaide Adris DeLeon.

Reply #700321 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Very risky signing. A small PG that relied on his speed and mobility. He is 34 now and so very possible that he has lost a lot of that speed. If he played in the league last year or just a couple of seasons ago then you'd be less concerned, but the Blaze gig was 7 years ago.

Reply #700322 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

*I'm aware he played for the Hawks too in 2012-13 but again that was 5-6 years ago - when he was 28-29.

Reply #700323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a 3rd import he is fine. Moore is solid, Wiley seems like an impact player, in which case having your 3rd import as a scorer off the bench is fine IMO, as long as Drmic is able to produce consistently.

Reply #700328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers to battle it out with Brisbane and Cairns for bottom spot.
Joey to finally realise that Adelaide just won't ever have enough money to compensate for his shortcomings and to move on in search of another sucker.

Reply #700347 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

The guy coached a team to the GF last year and sans Childress injury and Sobey election would have won it. Your posts have short comings.

Reply #700353 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I am OK with this signing provided there is a constant review of his output.

If it is not up to requirements, please replace him with a suitable candidate.

Thats all I ask, no I don't mean Sack Adris threads @ Round 1.

Reply #700367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real issue is Teys probably only average d 3 to 4 minutes last year with no output in a strong team.

This season will probably be asked to do more and is probably not up to it at this level IMO

Reply #700378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a terrible signing at all, but nothing to keep the 36ers brand in the spotlight.

Our new owner has money, not really splashing it at the moment...

Reply #700416 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He's splashing it, just in the wrong direction - splashing it from Brooklyn -> ADL.

Reply #700418 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

So not having seen McVeigh but hearing upon his signing that he has NBA aspirations/ambitions but is he truly not starting ahead of that mug Drmic?

Can Adris flex ?

Reply #700432 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Really happy not to have flex man back but this signing really is very disappointing .
Surely Joey and powers to be were watching same finals games etc as everyone else while top imports PG ripped us apart.

Reply #700462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure players like Ware, Cotton & Randle are shaking in their high tops!

Reply #700464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is DeLeon better than shorter

Reply #700472 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Deleon is shorter than Shorter.

Reply #700482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey-DeLeon
Drmic-Teys
Moore-McVeigh
Wiley-Deng
Johnson-Froling

The only thing these guys are leading the league in is tech fouls.

Reply #700880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754