Anon
Years ago

Acceptance Speech Grand Final

Assuming Forestville win. Hoping BSA are acknowledge for their contribution to the Finals series. So often clubs forget the role they play. Something along tbe lines we wouldnt be here with the support of BAD. Here here I hear the cry in unision. Never a truer word to be spoken.

Topic #43756 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Sorry re BAD as BSA.typo

Reply #700774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is embarrassing.

Inb4 "not as embarrassing as Forestville"

Reply #700777 | Report this post

Years ago

don't be surprised if the Eagles win both - they are in good form. Women will be close under 5 points, men will be 10+ pts IMO

Reply #700787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women blow out 20+
Men toss of coin

Reply #700788 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wow ...we really can't let this Forestville thing go can we?

Reply #700790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really need another thread? There's already a whinge thread active. In fact, multiple.

Reply #700791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North to beat Forestville for the fourth time this year. Game nothing like the last time they met.

Eagles men in a close one.

Reply #700794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2/10 attempt at trolling by OP. Conceptually tame and but poor execution. Gotta love the persistence though: this horse has been well and truly beaten to death!

Reply #700800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

honestly I can't see where BSA are to fault. the by law states and paraphrasing if a play has a doctors cert for unfit to play they are awarded that game.

It does not say the player has to be in the country, town or state, when on a doctors exception.

Can see the by law being changed/tightened again because of Forestville.

As I see it they are legally within the rules but morally bankrupt on playing Johnston. Don't blame Johnson he is a player that plays for money it is his job.

With the 17 secs of playing have seen loads of clubs do it over the years. Jordan West for one game for west adelaide this season played for about 10secs not saying West or West Adelaide were rorting the system just saying I have seen it happen to qualify players.

But yes, over all the threads get over it it has been approved, Johnston is playing. IF Forestville win, and they still have to win. In 30 years time it will still be on the record books and none of this will be remembered.

Reply #700834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pet peeve of mine is when someone does something wrong and then you are told "get over it" yeah right.

Reply #700838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hear,hear. It is. Sheesh. Trollers please get it right the first time.

Reply #700840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can see in 30 years time when they have a reunion, DJ will walk in and the guys will nudge each other and say "Who's that guy???"

Reply #700841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then they'll say, oh yeah, the 7 foot dude who averaged 30 during the finals series. Idiot

Reply #700844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ooooh, idiot, touché. I'll explain the joke to you. Since he was rarely at any of their games and probably doesn't know hardly any names, the other players would struggle to remember him since he wasn't really a teammate.

Reply #700862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will be amazed he walked in given the crippling injuries he has and the injury waiver he needed!

In 30 years time DJ will look back and think I won a PL title while Mitch Creek was out getting his foot in at the NBA. I think that summarises the difference in character between the two

Reply #700864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's funny how they were obviously comfortable doing the step on court for a few seconds thing, but still needed to make up an injury to get him to the 8 needed to qualify...tells you how little he was actually here

Reply #700866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Move on this is so tiring!!!!!

Reply #700869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again, "move on" is the same as "get over it" as mentioned above.

Reply #700870 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Make up an injury. Are you suggesting he didn't actually have an injury at all.

Reply #700875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread alone, in addition to the 30 others on the very same topic, make me want Forestville win so bad. Just for the reactions.

Reply #700877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Injury is a made up one now is it........ this is getting bigger and bigger

Reply #700878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There sure are a lot of Forestville people all of a sudden on Hoops recently trying to propagate the myth that this isn't a big deal.

Reply #700879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because it is not. I dont even know where Forestville is, and hadn't heard of the place until Whingefest 2018

Reply #700881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Exhibit A.

Reply #700883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Exhibit D.

Reply #700887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a pretty shit fucking joke champion.

Reply #700888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was no injury!

Reply #700889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Forestville

Reply #700891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if they win it, it will be tainted like Watson and Cousins Brownlows, Ben Johnsons 100 metres, the Chinese swim team. Everyone knows they manipulated the system, even the Cheatgle supporters.

Reply #700892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not tainted
Its the rules.
If its not legal then it wouldn't of happened.

Good teams find a way they work within the rules.

Very smart!

Reply #700893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont get it, I just checked and he played 7 regular season games?

2 x with no minutes when he was "injured" but if he was present at these games then what is the big drama?

You guys acting like he did not suit up at all during the regular season.

Reply #700896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As stated above Cousins won a premiership off his tits. he didn't get caught this within the rules. But everyone knows it’s bullshit. Pretty much same as this. Keep defending. If you did nothing wrong why do you defend so hard?

Reply #700897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rules state you have to take the court

Reply #700898 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Can't wait for the regular season to begin so I can go back to enjoying threads not about some South Australian semi-pro league. #teamforestville

Reply #700902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop trying to make "Cheatgles" a thing

Reply #700917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If you did nothing wrong why do you defend so hard?“

Guess we're all sick of flogs thinking their opinion means anything haha.

Championship from 5th on the ladder with our best player only playing in 5 games. How goods that

Reply #700918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly...dickhead

Reply #700919 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There is definitely a disproportionate hate for DJ in this thread, the dudes just playing some winter bball to keep his legs warm waiting for the NBL season to begin.

Forestville, love them but they're being dodgy. It's not really fair on the other clubs IMO.

Reply #700921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let DJ win his title. Let the dinosaur Forestville fanatics bask in the glory. But they are the same fans who follow the 36ers and with the roster they have assembled they won't be celebrating anything in the near future. There are no by-laws to manipulate there mate. Maybe you can just blame the umpires (lol) for that champ.

Reply #700924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, hopefully all the SA whingers boo DJ when he plays for their team too

Reply #700926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern fans preparing themselves for the loss despite the fact they have the most expensive roster in the league and have for the last 3 seasons!

Reply #700939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And despite Southern trying to buy a title, unbelievably everyone outside of forestville are hoping they win, just shows the disdain the rest of the league have for the cheatgles!!!
And I'm looking to copyright cheatgles and sell T-shirts on Saturday night, reckon I'll make a mint.

Reply #700940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Adelaide have EFTPOS yet? If not, that mint may not be what you expect.

Reply #700941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently the cause of the Creek NBA transfer debacle was centred around Adelaide's lack of EFT acceptance. 36ers wanted a money order which perplexed Brooklyn.

Reply #700942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheatgles is grim. Not even a Scumthern supporter would find it intelligent.

Reply #700952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Scumthern is better????

Reply #700954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. Because they're all scum.

Reply #700961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blah blah blah.. In a few weeks time when the NBL season starts, all those "anti DJ for whatever" people, will be pushing their kids up to the court post a Sixers game that he scored 40 points in and have him sign something for little Johnny. All will be forgotten.

Reply #700973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a few seconds time I will have closed this thread and gone back to not caring about Premier League.

Reply #700984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep. Likewise. Hard to care about something led/coached by people with ZERO credibility or ethics.

Reply #700988 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

There is definitely a disproportionate hate for DJ in this thread, the dudes just playing some winter bball to keep his legs warm waiting for the NBL season to begin.

Exactly, some are putting it like DJ will treat this like the pinnacle achivement on his career.

Reply #700998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But if he is carrying so many injuries as alleged why not rest. Who knows what could happen in that one second on the court. Why risk it!!!

Reply #700999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine if Majok's ankle was OK and they got him cleared to play finals as well off only 2 games and being signed to Mt Gambier half the year!

Reply #701003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine if Majok and DJ played the whole season and they went 16-2.

Like Southerns stacked team, but the Eagles wouldn't have had to pay as much.

Reply #701004 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Now , borrego playen for the girls and dj for the mens would be good readin here

Reply #701014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And no one would of had an issue with that!

Reply #701017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did Doyle say as he was presented with the flag??

Reply #701452 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks BSA for your support.

Reply #701454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754