LC
Years ago

Boomers vs USA tickets set to go on sale

Ticket prices will start from $89.90 for adults and $69.90 for children for what promises to be one of the biggest sporting events on the Australian calendar in 2019.

Boomers vs Team USA tickets set to go on sale

Topic #43761 | Report this topic

Is it pretty much confirmed that Lebron won't be coming?

Reply #700960 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Player pool for Team USA 2019 FIBa World Cup

Harrison Barnes Dallas Mavericks
Bradley Beal Washington Wizards
Devin Booker Phoenix Suns
Jimmy Butler Minnesota Timberwolves
Mike Conley Jr. Memphis Grizzlies
DeMarcus Cousins Golden State Warriors
Stephen Curry Golden State Warriors
Anthony Davis New Orleans Pelicans
DeMar DeRozan San Antonio Spurs
Andre Drummond Detroit Pistons
Kevin Durant Golden State Warriors
Paul George Oklahoma City Thunder
Eric Gordon Houston Rockets
Draymond Green Golden State Warriors
Blake Griffin Detroit Pistons
James Harden Houston Rockets
Tobias Harris Los Angeles Clippers
Gordon Hayward Boston Celtics
Kyrie Irving Boston Celtics
LeBron James Los Angeles Lakers
DeAndre Jordan Dallas Mavericks
Kawhi Leonard Toronto Raptors
Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers
Kevin Love Cleveland Cavaliers
Kyle Lowry Toronto Raptors
C. J. McCollum Portland Trail Blazers
Khris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks
Victor Oladipo Indiana Pacers
Chris Paul Houston Rockets
Isaiah Thomas Denver Nuggets
Klay Thompson Golden State Warriors
Myles Turner Indiana Pacers
Kemba Walker Charlotte Hornets
John Wall Washington Wizards
Russell Westbrook Oklahoma City Thunder

Reply #700962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't confirm player availability a year out.

Reply #700965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Lebron is unlikely but his move to LA increased the chances, since with Cleveland he would probably have played more games and minutes.

When do they have to name the team? If upcoming free agents have to confirm availability before signing contracts, that would rule out a few big names.

If they take 12 of: Barnes, Beal, Booker, Conley, DeRozan, Drummond, Gordon, Griffin, Harris, Jordan, Love, Lowry, McCollum, Middleton, Thomas and Turner, I think they would drop a game to the Boomers. They'd probably still go into the World Cup as favourites, but you'd take the field for the first time in a long time.

However, I think we see at least Davis, Westbrook, Oladipo, Wall and Lillard (not free agents, don't have crazy playoff workloads year after year). And that's probably enough for them to win it.

Reply #700987 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I actually expect very competitive and relatively close games. This Australian team has been together for a long time now, and they will be adding some very nice pieces. You can bet the boys will be absolutely geared up and ready to pull off a miracle, and I would absolutely not count them out.

As for Lebron James, there's no way to know. But I do hope we get him plus a few other really big names. Apparently the fact that the Cup is in China means that NBA players have a vested cash interest in playing.

Reply #700994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know how to go about getting tickets to the actual World Cup? Was deadset on going to the Vic games, but I have a mate living in Beijing I can stay with so may as well go to the big dance, prob work out cheaper too from Perth...

Reply #700996 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

I imagine it would be near-impossible to get tickets for USA games in China - the scalping will be off the chain.

Should be pretty easy to get Boomers pool game tickets though!

Reply #701011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats what it comes down too I guess, going to all the Boomers games and missing out on a US game, or seeing an average US lineup come to Oz and pay ridiculous prices for it...if it's ballot based, I guess I get an equal chance (albeit millions of chinese) of snagging at least 1 USA game.

Reply #701016 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

The US team that comes to Australia will be the same as the one that goes to China, these are literally both teams last tune up games.

Reply #701106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd argue that a couple of the super-duper stars would prob rest or go wait in China to be honest. Still would be getting a fairly decent team.

Reply #701108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Dream team to pay that money for would be:

Harrison Barnes Dallas Mavericks
Mike Conley Jr. Memphis Grizzlies
Andre Drummond Detroit Pistons
Eric Gordon Houston Rockets
Draymond Green Golden State Warriors
Tobias Harris Los Angeles Clippers
DeAndre Jordan Dallas Mavericks
Kevin Love Cleveland Cavaliers
Kyle Lowry Toronto Raptors
C. J. McCollum Portland Trail Blazers
Khris Middleton Milwaukee Bucks
Victor Oladipo Indiana Pacers
Isaiah Thomas Denver Nuggets
Myles Turner Indiana Pacers
Kemba Walker Charlotte Hornets

Reply #701112 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"'d argue that a couple of the super-duper stars would prob rest or go wait in China to be honest. Still would be getting a fairly decent team.

"

You dont think the coach would want to work on their form and xs and os? lol. Nah dude, their whole team will be playing minutes in Melbourne.

Reply #701121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Decided I'm going to get tickets to the Oz games anyway, and if I can get tickets to the Beijing games then I'll sell my Oz tickets.

Reply #701133 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anon - team can only be 12 players not 15! LOL

It will be the exact same USA and Boomers teams that will play at the FIBA World Cup.

Reply #701137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember that Popovich is the coach now who all the players respect. I think the team will have not many opt outs.

Reply #701149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not like players didn't respect Coach K - in fact a lot of Duke's success with one and dones comes from his pitch of having a great relationship with NBA superstars from the Team USA gig.

Players opt out because the super teams have meant that an assortment of the top tier guys have been playing 100-game NBA seasons for 3, 4, 5 years in a row and they can't afford to play a full summer of basketball as well. This is why I think Lebron and the Warriors guys are unlikely. But China is the x-factor that can't be accounted for, because there's no precedent as to what earning potential will be available to players who choose to participate and are selected.

Reply #701168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes but Coach Pop even more so than Coach K due to being in the NBA.

Yes, China is the X-factor. I expect most to make it down here due to the hosts.

Reply #701171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VISA Checkout not letting me buy tickets? It's the only way to pay?? ahhh

Reply #701765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This VISA pre-sale was absolute BS...

Reply #701766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone have any luck with Visa checkout pre sale? Error keeps occurring

Reply #701767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ticket master is pathetic! I've been trying to buy tickets since the pre sale open and it keeps coming up with errors after seats are selected.

Reply #701771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754