Kent Brockman
Years ago

Sixers Win Confirmed

SMS from a cairns local at the game says it was called full time after Dusty hit the game winner on the buzzer.

(Mod: More has happened since this post, I believe.)

Topic #4378 | Report this topic

Misty  
Years ago

So does this mean we won?

Reply #50801 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

had to sms him to get back to the stadium so i can find out more soon.

Reply #50807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just spoke with Dusty - sixers win

Reply #50816 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #50826 | Report this post

Isaac, What has your bro told you?

Also, surely someone could get in touch with Cat to find out!

Reply #50849 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't spoken to him. Figured that if they needed to return the stadium, the players wouldn't want to be distracted.

Reply #50858 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why is there any confusion? The Taipans' scoreboard showed the clock timed out at 0.00 with a score of 90 to the Taipans and 92 to the Sixers. NBL site also shows the results as 92-90. Why is there any doubt?

Reply #50874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have you not been reading all of the posts?

Mayberry checked with the scorebench who said that the shot was after the shot clock. The other two refs agreed. Mayberry overruled all to rule the shot valid initially, before changing his mind later. The players shook hands, and the Sixers started to leave. The decision was made to call it 90-90 and play the last 0.7 seconds with a Taipans possession, but the Sixers had left and were back at their hotel in the pool.

The NBL requested that the team return to the stadium to play the 0.7 seconds and maybe overtime. The Sixers refused. The NBL advised the Taipans to lodge a complaint tomorrow.

That's why there's some doubt. I wouldn't really take any online scoreboard as authority.

Reply #50888 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I left home to go out immediately after the game ended. I left extremely happy about the win and quite shocked to come back home to all this controversy. Hope it sorts itself out in our favour as there cannot possible be any excuse for the umpires to change their decision so long after the game ended and the Sixers had already left. As far as the score bench goes, I doubt any one of them were supporting the Sixers. The umpire makes the decision and if it is not protested by the other umpires right there on the spot, then that decision counts.

Reply #50892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754