Ben
Years ago

Cambage article on The Ringer

Am personally not a Cambage fan, but the article was well written and would be worth a look for most.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/8/20/17757632/liz-cambage-wnba

Topic #43804 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed! Same thoughts. Although I found it contradictory how she said she'd never experienced racism till she went to the US and then later she was saying how she feels like she's suppressed when she talks about it here.

Reply #702085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think she said she hadn't experienced it, she said she didn't understand / wasn't able to define some of her life experiences. Now she does and speaks out she feels supressed when she speaks out.

I'm also not a Cambage fan, shes an amazing player but has some difficult antics on court, I enjoyed the article and it gave a little insight and context into her.

Reply #702087 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

She's old enough to not be a dickhead. At 27 years old there shouldn't be any excuses for her bullshit

Reply #702105 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

Love people who are in the top 1% of 1% in the world telling people are they disadvantaged.

Liz be like Ben and enjoy life.

Reply #702173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, she really doesn't get it.

Reply #702179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Love people who are in the top 1% of 1% in the world telling people are they disadvantaged."

"I don't think she said she hadn't experienced it, she said she didn't understand / wasn't able to define some of her life experiences. Now she does and speaks out she feels supressed when she speaks out."

Obviously neither of you have never experienced the intergenerational effects of colonialism and current racist attitudes. Whilst I was not there, nor even my grandparents, I still see and experience the division established by colonial settlers on my ancestors lands and entitlement created for whites/Europeans (I'm Maori btw) in every area of education, employment, land use, media representation or lack thereof, traditions and culture, and the list goes on.

Reply #702439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liz love her or hate her is 2nd best female player we in Australia have every produced, and she is closing in fast on LJ!

Reply #702476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time for her to deliver us gold then we can talk.

Reply #702485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not.a chance, we don't have the supporting cast.

Reply #702486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh well then she ain't #1.

Reply #702488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ clueless

Reply #702503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nowhere near LJ.

Reply #702505 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754